40 year old mom of two needs motivation

Options
Hi all! I am new to the community. I think I need some more extrinsic motivation. I have been doing My fitness Pal for sometime and find myself fluctuating on the scale year after year. I even joined the gym and as usual stopped. Maybe because I am always doing this on my own. So here I am, I am opening up and ready to get some help through the online community. Hope this works this time :#

Replies

• jbirdy76
    jbirdy76 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I am a momma of 4 and 40 years old. Just need the support where I can get it!
  • dionnependley
    dionnependley Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm also a mum of 4 . 42 years old . I'm 7 months in (exercise) I'm being too slow down, just need that motivational push.
  • AliciaBerries
    AliciaBerries Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm 37 and a mom of two. I'm halfway to my goal but lately finding it harder to stay on track. Hopefully we can motivate each other to keep pushing.
  • PSULadyLion
    PSULadyLion Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same boat here. I'm 38 with 2 kids. I gained a ton of weight with my second son and I can't seem to stay motivated to lose it. I have a lot to lose...over 50 lbs
  • NancyCaz61
    NancyCaz61 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hi you can add me too if you like! I'm 55 and my daughter is grown, but I am finding myself at the age where the things I did before to stay in shape aren't working now....the struggle is real! :) You can do this!!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I'll be 47 in a few days and have a couple of young adults. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you need answers.
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I need answers man. Like - how old were you when you started working for a body like that? holy cow. Great work!
  • blessed4life0109
    blessed4life0109 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well for motivation. I need the same and finding it difficult to stay motivated. Good luck!
  • jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    You can add me. I'm a 35 year old SAHM of 3. I homeschool, and I have lost 20.5 lbs in the past 2 ish months. Sure, I have 50 lbs left to go, but I am down 10% of my body weight. You can do it!

Have you tried the Sworkit app? It's great for beginners for body weight exercises. I also use a FitBit to track my steps and try to get 10k a day. Also, make sure you are eating a lot of lean protein. It helps curb the hunger. Pair it with non-starchy veggies to really fill you up...and about 1/2 cup of complex carbs (whole wheat bread, sweet potatoes, baked potato, corn, etc). That really helps me stay full and reduces my cravings.

You totally got this! :)
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    39 with 2 kiddos. Been doing this for 2 years and yes it is possible to lose weight with diet and exercise. Will send FR, but anyone else feel free to add!
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I'm a 43 year old mom of two boys, 10 and 8. Feel free to add me, too! I lost the weight back in 2012 (the year I turned 40), but I had to slow down on the exercise due to multiple injuries (I'm a Klutz with a capital K) and surgeries. I'm on day 3 of an at home DVD program, and I fell down the stairs and sprained my ankle yesterday. :) But I've the motivation to keep going this time, just modifying as I need to when I'm injured.

What really helped me the first time around was setting mini goals and focusing on those. Losing 30+ lbs seemed so impossible, so I set up rewards with my bestie. If we stuck to logging/working out for 30 days straight, we had a lunch/shopping date together. Once we hit 3 months, we had a makeover day. Doing those same goals with virtual friends is a great option, too!
  • gianna42
    gianna42 Posts: 5,991 Member
    Options
    47 with three kids.
    The online community can be very helpful but you have to make time for YOU - you need to find your internal motivation/reason you want this,too. For me, I feel better about myself when I'm making this work and exercising, which hopefully makes me better for my family as well.

You got this.
  • kiwitreelady
    kiwitreelady Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm a 37-year-old SAHM with two young girls. I've just gotten started and would love some friends to keep me motivated. Feel free to add me.
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 and 6 kiddos.....though I think I could easily claim my hubby as a 7th child the way he acts at time. I'm about 2 months in this go around. I has lost a lot of weight previously then put a lot back on after one of the kids was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease. I got so rundown with her care that I stopped caring how I felt. Anyone can feel free to add me ☺
  • jbirdy76
    jbirdy76 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    This thread got so much support, any of you can feel free to add me.
  • aahart78
    aahart78 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You can add me it helps me to support others and I know I could use it as well. Being a mom and trying to be fit and healthy is definitely hard!!
  • cindygogle75
    cindygogle75 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Also 40 and a mom of 4 feel free to add me
  • Piperx222
    Piperx222 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi, 36 and a WAHM of 2 little boys. I'm down about 70 with 40 to go. The MFP community has been a huge help keeping me stay motivated!

Anyone who wants to support each other, feel free to add me!
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    47 mom of 2, down 60 but the last 10 has been the bane if my existence. Feel free to add.
    Good luck with your goals!