5'10 women...what are your goals?

Options
At 5'10, I'm a tall woman and always have been...well at least since the age of 17 anyway. At my lowest weight, I was 135lbs and a size 5 with a 26 inch waist which was 4 years after the birth of my youngest son and it's my current goal. I started at 185lbs in Jan 2011 and I'm currently 159-160 depending on the time of day.(which is in the normal weight range now, I know.)

My body composition isn't ideal with really thin legs, very little booty, narrow hips, wide tummy, upper arms and a chubby face. My tummy and face are always the last place I loose. But I know it can be done. It's just taking longer than it did 8 years ago. *sigh*

Anyway, I have recently been told by a few family members that 135lbs. is too low for me and I should probably shoot for more like 145-150 at the lowest. I do actually have a small frame according to the "wrist scale" and I could still be within my normal range weighing as low as 125lbs. supposedly. So I don't think 135lbs is too low for me and I'm sticking with it....unless I feel good at a higher weight...but I don't see that happening any time soon.

I am wondering what weight goals other 5'10 women have or have obtained and are maintaining. And if you have pictures to post that would be great. I really need the motivation :happy:

Replies

• skeele
    skeele Posts: 72
    Options
    I'm 5' 10" and am currently at 233. I think I would be happy at 190. Maybe I'm just bigger boned. IDK. 150 seems too small for me. Just me though.
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11", so pretty close in height. I'm shooting for 140, but I'll honestly be happy with a fit & toned 160. Being 237 now, I've got a ways to go.
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    My goal was 150, but I recently reevaluated things (figured out what my body fat percentage would need to be at in order to weigh 150) and decided that I'll consider myself toned, in shape, and one happy chic if I can get to 170-180.
  • stc74
    stc74 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I've shrunk to 5'9" but my lowest was 140, probably easiest to maintain the 150-155 range. I'm at 185 now trying to get back down there after eating way too much for a while. My first goal is 160 then I'll decide what comes next.

Right now I've been working out as hard as my knees allow for 4 wks, gained a few pounds then lost those, but still a net of 0 lost. I'm afraid I'm not eating enough (usually net under 1200) so I'm going to up it for a week and see what happens. So frustrating.

I'm curious about what is maintainable for other tall women out there.
  • Aeliyah
    Aeliyah Posts: 247
    Options
    I'm 5' 11" and I'm aiming for 180 lbs... but I have a large frame (think: quarterback...). Once I hit 180 (a ways to go yet..) I'll re-evaluate what my goal weight should be, or decide if I should maintain at 180.
  • petchonka82
    petchonka82 Posts: 156
    Options
    My lowest was 130, my high 226, and I am now at 208. I do not want to be 130 again because looking back at my prom picture my eye sockets look sunk in and I definitely was way to skinny, people even would comment on it. I am shooting for about 150. I am 5'7''.
  • spaceport
    spaceport Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and currently 155-160lb. Like you, I have a small frame and I'm shooting to get to between 135-140. I think as long as losing weight makes me feel stronger and more energetic, I will keep working toward that goal. But, I am trying to keep an open mind. 135 is just a number and I may feel my best at 145. Who knows. :) Good luck!
  • IrishChick71
    IrishChick71 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies!

I think as long as we are happy with the way we look, it doesn't really matter what we weigh when we head into our maintenance phase.

This is a lifelong journey so we should enjoy the ride. :flowerforyou: And be as healthy as we possibly can.

Good luck!
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and currently 167lbs. My highest not counting my pregnancy was 189 and my lowest was mid 150's. The 150s are very hard for me to get into, and I'm not sure that I could even do that anymore since my body changed a little after having my daughter. Even at my lowest I was a size 9. My bone structure doesn't allow me to get much smaller than that. It's a bummer, but as long as I feel good I'm ok with it. I'd like to see 160 then I'll re-evaluate. Good luck everyone!