Brown Rice

Options
lenece
lenece Posts: 389 Member
What do you put on brown rice or eat with brown rice..Do u eat it plan or can u add anything besides chicken or what...Thanks Dana

Replies

• lenece
    Options
    What do you put on brown rice or eat with brown rice..Do u eat it plan or can u add anything besides chicken or what...Thanks Dana
  • littletiger972000
    Options
    I like to do a little butter and sugar!
  • littletiger972000
    Options
    Or maybe some soy sauce!
  • VardaElentari
    Options
    I've made brown rice and baked it on the oven with corn and eggs and milk...
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I used to have a receipe to cook a whole pound of brown rice and then divide it into measured portions to freeze and microwave for a fast dinner, but I can't find it. It was really nice to have on hand.

Does anyone do this? I suppose I could just measure the rice and figure it out.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    if you add beans I like black beans as a side you then have a complete protein

watch the carb cals with that combo but tasty too...top with some fresh salsza and bingo
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    You use brown rice like white rice. Add some chicken stock when you are cooking it to add some flavour.

Make a stir fry and put it over brown rice.
  • jweiler
    Options
    Cook the brown rice in a beef stock (homemade is lower cal)...today for lunch I had homemade chicken soup 2C for 160 cal..rice 1/4c is 55 cal. Chicken soup is easy and relatively quick it is from cooking light.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I like to cook it in chicken broth also. Another thing that my kids like is popcorn seasoning sprinkled on top, they love the white cheddar flavor!! :laugh:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I use it the same way as I would white rice

Here's another question -
    Why is brown rice better than white rice???/
  • littletiger972000
    Options
    I think it's because white rice is bleached so the brown rice has more nutrients in it....same with whole wheat vs. white bread I think!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I think it's because white rice is bleached so the brown rice has more nutrients in it....same with whole wheat vs. white bread I think!

Yep, and more fiber too. I like it because it has a chewier texture also. (also, there are different varieties, short grain, medium grain, long grain, etc)
  • jbwegner
    jbwegner Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I love brown rice mixed with salsa. Yum!

I also like to sprinkle some of the Mrs. Dash seasonings in it or the Montreal Poultry seasoning. Neither have calories (some sodium) and add tons of flavor.
  • KLS10
    KLS10 Posts: 127
    Options
    I love brown rice with a stir fry. I do grilled tofu, peas, baby carrots, broccolli, and it is SO good!
  • loomoyer
    Options
    I love rice as a side to my oriental low-calorie knock-offs. Last night we made Oriental BBQ Beef in foil packets in the oven. Total calories for the beef and veggies was 252. Yum!
  • ColeenSanLeon
    ColeenSanLeon Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I love brown rice - but it's kinda funky if you cook it in a rice cooker... When I stick to the 10min boiling bag, it's yummy!
  • joodles0290
    Options
    I love rice with chicken and hot sauce!!:happy:
  • DawnInOhio
    DawnInOhio Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    anyone like wild rice? I've had in a mix with brown or white and I bought it by itself, cooked it, and it was like eating seeds...I liked it, but not sure how to incorporate it.
  • lenece
    Options
    Thanks everyone those all sound good I tired eating it just by itself lets just say the dog fot that meal....:sick: But I will try alot of these..Thanks:flowerforyou:
  • Badtz
    Badtz Posts: 14
    Options
    I put a tablespoon of gyoza dipping sauce (that sauce you dip potstickers in), or else I put my veggie & chicken stir-fry over it!