Low Calorie QUICK meal ideas!!!! SHARE YOURS!! :D

Options
ShelbyLB
ShelbyLB Posts: 431
I hope everyone is having fantastic Wedneday!! :D
I always feel the need to SHARE when I 'discover' a delish meal....so I thought some of you may feel the same way....lets share some ideas!!! :) Now...keep in mind that I get home each day around 5-5:30...so I dont make my dinners SUPER time consuming and difficult...just tastey! :)

Egg White Omelets...need I say more? I sautee up bell peppers, onion, mushrooms and spinach in a bit of cooking spray and toss them onto TWO egg whites....if I need to 'use up' a few more calories, i'll melt a wedge of laughing cow light swiss into the veggies....so good!

Wrap with Veggies....my mouth is watering as I type..:) I use LaTortilla FActory HIGH Fiber wraps..at only 50 cals each...and toss in sauteed spinach onions and peppers with a tablespoon of salsa!!! SOOO GOOD!!

Portabella Mushroom cap.....I recently tried this and its INSANELY good....I Just 'sauteed' the entire cap for a bit, along with some spinach and onion.....then tossed the spinach/onion combo onto the mushroom cap, sprinkled with a Tbsp of shredded mozz cheese and a bit of parmasean cheese and put it under the broiler until the cheese melted....YAY goodness!! :)

Any ideas you guys want to share?!

Replies

• supershala
    supershala Posts: 30
    Options
    Oh my goodness, the mushroom cap sounds delicious! One of my go-to meals is a simple chicken salad...I grill some chicken on my George Foreman grill, throw some spinach, romaine, carrots, croutons, and a little cheese in a bowl with the chicken and top with my favorite low calorie dressing.
  • tiggilee
    tiggilee Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Pop open a can of Black beans, microwave some Trader Joe's frozen brown rice (ready in 2 minutes).
    Add taco seasoning, salsa, a bit of cheese to melt on top and some Fat free greek yogurt.
    Fiber packed, filling, and yummy!
  • ShelbyLB
    ShelbyLB Posts: 431
    Options
    Oh that sounds delish....I totally forgot that lately I've been sauteed some onion & peppers.....and tossing it with raw spinach, some salsa, and grilled chicken...it tastes JUST like a delish fajita MINUS the calorie filled shell!!! :D
  • justavoice1989
    justavoice1989 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    ive tried the egg white omelets before! actually when i have time and want a REAL breakfast other than cereal i put in about 2oz of egg white (from carton). then i take turkey or chicken and mix it into the whites and add about 2oz of shredded cheese (i will def. try the laughing cow option though!!) and mix and then pour. cook and eat. i like to put a bit of tapatio sauce on it as well =] i have bland taste buds but with that tapatio it just KICKS it up ^_^
  • SheCantWeight
    SheCantWeight Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Those all sound delicious! thanks for the post!
  • SheCantWeight
    SheCantWeight Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Pop open a can of Black beans, microwave some Trader Joe's frozen brown rice (ready in 2 minutes).
    Add taco seasoning, salsa, a bit of cheese to melt on top and some Fat free greek yogurt.
    Fiber packed, filling, and yummy!

This also sounds really good! I'd probably do chicken instead of beans (not a fan) but I love all the things that you can do with greek yogurt and all the recipes coming out with it lately
  • jklm
    jklm Posts: 281
    Options
    bump!
  • cupcakecarnivore
    Options
    I just made these portabello cheese "steak" sandwiches for dinner and they were delicious and only about 268 calories per serving!! They taste way more sinful than they are:)
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/portobello_philly_cheese_steak_sandwich.html

Oh and one of my favorite quick meals is a sweet potato (baked in the microwave for five minutes), with vegetarian baked beans on top, with a spoonful of sour cream:) Yum!

Or toast with mashed avocado on top with some cheese sprinkled on top....for days that Im really lazy;)
  • MeredithRN
    MeredithRN Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Reading these is making me STARVED! They sound so good! I'm looking for recipe ideas and am finding tons! You guys are great!