Gained 1kg on a Binge?

Options
Servaline
Servaline Posts: 8 Member
edited August 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
So, yesterday something in me broke.

I made some 'bean goulash' recipe I found online (way too much tomato paste) and from that point on I would not stop eating. From 12pm (I do IF) onwards I snacked, probably getting to 3000 cals (I'm losing weight at 1200) of pure garbage. I wasn't even hungry, in fact I was stuffed, and the food wasn't even good. I simply stopped caring about anything. I just wanted to put food in my mouth.

Weighed myself this morning to see I was 64.3kg (up from 63.3 yesterday) and I was feeling so down last night that I had trouble sleeping (I also had a lot of acid in my stomach which didn't help).

I'd like to prevent this happening again. Has anyone else had a day like this, where they just stop caring?
(Also should note I've had breakthrough bleeding on the pill, if that has anything to do with it).

I'm going to go back to eating normally without a 'punishment' deficit and see how I go.

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Servaline wrote: »
    So, yesterday something in me broke.

I made some 'bean goulash' recipe I found online (way too much tomato paste) and from that point on I would not stop eating. From 12pm (I do IF) onwards I snacked, probably getting to 3000 cals (I'm losing weight at 1200) of pure garbage. I wasn't even hungry, in fact I was stuffed, and the food wasn't even good. I simply stopped caring about anything. I just wanted to put food in my mouth.

It happens
    Weighed myself this morning to see I was 64.3kg (up from 63.3 yesterday) and I was feeling so down last night that I had trouble sleeping (I also had a lot of acid in my stomach which didn't help).

how much do you reckon the food you consumed weighed? How much water retention from binging? You probably ate 1500-2000 surplus max...so about 1/2 pound fat potential

I'd like to prevent this happening again. Has anyone else had a day like this, where they just stop caring?
    (Also should note I've had breakthrough bleeding on the pill, if that has anything to do with it).

You caught it after 1 day :)

I'm going to go back to eating normally without a 'punishment' deficit and see how I go.

Sounds sensible ...good plan
  • kcs121
    kcs121 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yep. Once a month. I try and plan to do NOTHING and stay away from stressful situations, so that i don't feel the need to eat over anything. I'm on day 3 of getting back on track after a day of probably eating 3000-5000 calories extra in a day. I still feel alot of the water retention and bloat, and the day after i totally felt like giving up. Not worth it. I'm being kinder to myself this week. The weight will sort itself out, just a blip on the radar.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    After 11 days of intense diet and cardio, I had a 7000 calorie re-feed day and "gained" 11lbs of water/food weight overnight. After 4 days it had all gone. Don't stress about it
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Its water weight from the extra calories for that day and it'll be temporary as long as you don't keep eating well above maintenance of course!