5'4 & 175

Options
Hi!! I'm new to MFP (on the second day in fact). I have been struggling to lose weight for years!! I recently got a personal trainer to help me with the strength training portion, and I am working my way back to consistent morning workouts (that's the only way for me to stick with it). I know I can get straight with going to the gym because I have done that before. But, my problem has always been the EATING! I'm a self-proclaimed food addict! Pizza, mexican food, hamburgers...and lots of cookies and chocolate seem to always distract me from my goals!

I welcome anyone to message me with ideas, motivation, etc. Or to just hold me accountable!

Replies

• fmbarbuto
    fmbarbuto Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi Jessica!

I can totally relate and that is why I joined MFP last Thursday! You sound like my twin?! LOL! :smile:

Would be happy to join you on your journey! Feel free to friend me!
  • Godschick87
    Godschick87 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I feel exactly the same way! all the Carbs and Sugar! My other problem also comes from eating late!

I have found that if i am getting 8 hours of sleep my carb and sugar cravings are sooo much easier to control!
  • mycatas
    mycatas Posts: 20
    Options
    Welcome, Jessica!

I've only been on here for a few weeks myself. I totally feel your pain about pizza and mexican food! That's awesome that you're working with a trainer. I don't really believe in weightloss without exercise. Sometimes it's like there's not enough hours in the day... I'm also looking for ways to fight food (and beer) cravings. Friend me if you want to chat!

Ida
  • sbourassa18
    Options
    I feel very similar to you! I love food. I'm also 5'4" so we have a lot in common. Feel free to add me. :)
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    ONce you stop the crappy eating yout don't crave it anymore, today i went into the bakery just to smell the food. lol
  • GvMeSmthn2Lstn2
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 172lbs, and I Mexican food is my weakness (naaaaachoooooooes :9 )

Let's be friends :D
  • PhiliciousCurves
    PhiliciousCurves Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I was in the same boat as you! However I weighed in at 188 lbs. and I totally understand where you're coming from! I didn't have any problems getting up and working out! It was all about what I was eating. I figured that I should be able to eat the pizzas, burgers, sweets, etc. and make up for it by working out! Unfortunately it doesn't work that way! You have, you must change the way you eat or you won't see any results!

I started off slowly, and you can too! Start by substituting a fruit for a cookie (some of them can be just as sweet), or try veggie pizza, instead of your regular pizza. Small steps and you'll get there.

As of yesterday, I now weigh 168lbs, but I'm working on losing more. I have no doubt that if you put your mind to it, you will be able to achieve it!

Good luck to you!
  • jessicaeocon
    Options
    Thanks! I absolutely LOVE the quote you have... "one meal..."! So much so, that that will now be my mantra! :):)
  • catmom2cj
    catmom2cj Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    This is my first ever post on here but you sound a lot like me! I'm 5'4 and started at 167 7 weeks ago. Pizza and Mexican foods are my favorites too! Plus my husband is a great cook - fried shrimp, gumbo, etc. This is probably the longest I have held myself to trying to lose weight. Here are a few things that I have found helpful. Let yourself have a splurge meal AFTER you have been doing good for a while or have reached a goal. But use self control and portion control even on those splurge meals. For example, if I have exercised Monday - Thursday and kept my calories down for those days, I will go eat lunch with co-workers on Friday. Of course it is mexican so I extremely limit my chips and salsa before the meal arrives, cut out the cheese dip and sour cream, and only eat 1/2 of the entree served and bring the rest home for the hubby or kids. I've lost 8 pounds so far but have more to go. Also, don't get discouraged. If you don't lose any one week or even gain just look at it as a new challenge. Good luck.

On a side note, I have been using my fitness pal on my iphone mainly to track my calories and exercise but have never done the "friends" part. Do you guys recommend that?
  • catmom2cj
    catmom2cj Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Also, lean cuisine make a pepperoni pizza that is really good!
  • jessicaeocon
    Options
    Thanks!!!