Hello and wanting some advice!!

Options
Hi, I'm very pleased to have found this place and meet all my fellow princesses (and warriors to those out there who are male!)

Last weekend my boyfriend asked me to marry him (after 3 months of dating!!) I'm over the moon, never been so happy with any man ever, he truly is the most wonderful man in the world :wink:

Our wedding is set for this August, and having always struggled with a few extra pounds I'm finally deciding it's time to make a change for life - not just a crash diet to fit into the dress!!! I've recently started changing my whole attitude to my body, and though it's baby steps, I already feel much more confident and positive that I can make a difference to my health.

More immediately, I wanted to ask some advice. I've just started a programme of exercise called "Walk away the pounds" and I was determined to do my mile walk ask suggested in the programme, but I've had the sickness bug today, and been in bed for most of it, and since I've been vomiting I haven't consumed enough calories for the day. Is it advisable for me to skip the exercise today or should I just go ahead?

Thanks so much you guys!!

Replies

• delightedin
    Options
    Hi, I'm very pleased to have found this place and meet all my fellow princesses (and warriors to those out there who are male!)

Last weekend my boyfriend asked me to marry him (after 3 months of dating!!) I'm over the moon, never been so happy with any man ever, he truly is the most wonderful man in the world :wink:

Our wedding is set for this August, and having always struggled with a few extra pounds I'm finally deciding it's time to make a change for life - not just a crash diet to fit into the dress!!! I've recently started changing my whole attitude to my body, and though it's baby steps, I already feel much more confident and positive that I can make a difference to my health.

More immediately, I wanted to ask some advice. I've just started a programme of exercise called "Walk away the pounds" and I was determined to do my mile walk ask suggested in the programme, but I've had the sickness bug today, and been in bed for most of it, and since I've been vomiting I haven't consumed enough calories for the day. Is it advisable for me to skip the exercise today or should I just go ahead?

Thanks so much you guys!!
  • babyhippo
    Options
    Just go to bed. Take care of yourself. You absolutely do not need to walk when you are that sick.
  • sr2000
    sr2000 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I had a nasty 24 hr flu bug, and I could barely get up to walk around the house, let alone do a mile! Congrats on your motivation, but at this time your body needs to rest in order to heal. Take the day off and just relax. If you feel better after a nap, then try walking around the house a little, a few small laps in the living room if you need to move around, but do take it easy. And drink Lots of water.
  • delightedin
    Options
    Thanks guys - having been in bed all day I do feel better, but probably a bit too wobbly to be doing all that walking!! I only just started the programme yesterday though so I'm so dissappointed to have not done it on the SECOND day!!! I'll be going for it tomorrow!! :bigsmile:
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    Do what your body says it wants to do when your sick and I'll be laying down in bed is probably what it's asking for so that's where you should be. Eating calories isn't as important right now either as much as it is to keep yourself hydrated - broths, juices and water.

You'll have time to catch up on your routine once you recover.

Good luck and get well soon.
  • babyhippo
    Options
    By the way, I forgot to say , "CONGRATULATIONS on the engagement!":heart:
  • delightedin
    Options
    Thankyou!!! :blushing:
  • babyhippo
    Options
    Your welcome! And hey stick to the healthy eating and walking cause you'll want to look goooooood for your wedding night!:happy:
  • mms817
    mms817 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your engagement! Walking is GREAT! I started a walking program about 8 months ago and I've lost weight and I feel great! I walk in the mornings before work with my dog (about 20 minutes) and then with a friend in the evenings about 3-4 days a week for about 50 minutes at a good pace. Having a friend is a great motivator for those days I really don't feel like it, but she calls and reminds me.... Best of luck!
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on all you've accomplished so far, you're off to a great start and seem to have a great support to boot!!! Welcome and best of luck, you'll feel better in no time and get right back to where you were!!!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Congrats:drinker:
    Take care of yourself and get well soon.:happy:
  • judybooty
    judybooty Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You guys are soooooo cute. Congratulations! Get better soon!!