Turned 40 Going to lose 30 lbs

Options
cbstig
cbstig Posts: 17 Member
Just turned 40 and need to lose around 30 lbs. Been jogging and walking and a little circuit training for 3 weeks and have lost 7 lbs so far. Trying to stay motivated and want to try something new. Going to try spinning. Anyone have advice for giving it a go?

Replies

• lancelyell
    lancelyell Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    What's up man! I lost 75 lbs. Nutrition is everything! Any idea what calories and macros you're going to shoot for?
  • avj_78
    avj_78 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    7lbs is awesome--congrats! I love spin. Def try it for high intensity, sweat-pouring-down-your-body cardio. Find a good class with loud music and a motivating instructor. Keep pushing yourself and it will never get old. I go to Les Mills RPM.
  • KazzykinsJ1967
    KazzykinsJ1967 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp!!!! Great start too. X
  • kwick65
    kwick65 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I support lanceyell, in that it's all about what goes in. Exercise is important but what you eat, when you eat, and especially portions are by far the most important factor
    Good luck and keep posting for support
    Kirk
  • snifflepuff13
    snifflepuff13 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    :) great job! Also, I agree that food is the biggest key to weight loss.
  • mjbehrendt
    mjbehrendt Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Logging accurately has been huge for me. I'm on the same journey you are on. I'm 39 and have dropped about 25 lbs with 5 more to go. I tried to just work out and not log calories (for almost two years). I felt better, and got faster and stronger, but the scale didn't move. When I consistently held my calories under my budgeted amount, I began to lose weight and am making progress with the weights at the gym.
  • BabyBungadin72
    BabyBungadin72 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 and I have around 20 to lose. Add me if you want.
  • ElfInaStar
    ElfInaStar Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 and around 20lbs to lose too Add me if you want.
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    I think
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/37271899#Comment_37271899
    will be a thread you might like to join, check it out!
  • cbstig
    cbstig Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice and support! I'm off to a great start. Working out, jogging and walking are daily and I hate missing a day even though I know I need some rest. One of the biggest factors has been no more eating out.

Lancelyell, I am shooting for the calories MFP says to which is 1820 but I don't know what macros are.
  • tboz08202016
    tboz08202016 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Best of luck!