Vitamix Worth The Price?

Options
PurringMyrrh
PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
Good gravy I hope so, because I just Pay Pal'd one...and it cost significantly more than the $19.99 Oster I just got from K-mart.

Replies

• LemonMarmalade
    LemonMarmalade Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I love my vitamix. It is worth every penny to me.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I've always wondered, myself. I could never justify paying for one.
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    I've always wondered, myself. I could never justify paying for one.

If you get a Pay Pal credit card you can make payments for up to a year with no interest. For like a $500 unit it's like $38 a month or something. I would never be able to afford it lump sum.
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    I love my vitamix. It is worth every penny to me.

I've heard so many good things.

Have you souped in it yet?
  • danj_64
    danj_64 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have had mine for years. It is the second best purchase I have made for the kitchen. I haven't heated soup on it but used it to purée soup and make smoothies mostly. You won't regret it Purring..
  • moots4me
    moots4me Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Just broke down and bought one at Costco a couple of weeks ago. Was $50 off. It beats the pants off our Ninja, especially if you like greens in your smoothie.
  • danj_64
    Options
    Sugar Pill, how do you like your Ninja?

I still think about getting the Magic Bullet, If I had a complaint about the vita mix, its that it is too big to make single serving smoothies. I like the idea of blending right into a smoothie cup and taking it to work.
  • cinnabondelights
    cinnabondelights Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I love it better than my Ninja, I've made so many soups and smoothies with it, it's great~ Broccoli cheddar soup is my favorite to make in it because it's simple and fast.
  • danj_64
    Options
    That's what counts Sugar. Glad you are happy.
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I had a Magic Bullet, and it was sufficient for most smoothies, but I got the Vitamix a few years ago and I absolutely love it. I make green smoothies, hot soups, hummus, and pesto in it. I actually have my eyes on the dry blender attachment for it, so I can make my own flours and breads easier.
  • LemonMarmalade
    LemonMarmalade Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Sorry didn't see this again until today!!
    Yes I make soup a lot! My favorite so far has been loaded potato and my kids love broccoli cheese. I like that I can put tons of spinach in the broccoli soup and nobody goes "eeeewwwwwww". ;)
  • MicahPsencik
    MicahPsencik Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Yep, Vitamix is awesome made all kinds of soups, sauces, etc.
  • karagriss
    karagriss Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I bought one after my work had a health and wellness workshop and couldn’t wait to make everything they demonstrated. I haven’t used it since. Does anybody have any recipes they make using theirs? I would really like to make easy soups.
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    Mine just arrived this morning! Glad to see so many positive reviews. Looking forward to trying all sorts of goodies. It sounds like I actually made a good decision for once in my life!
  • WeAreTheMassacre
    WeAreTheMassacre Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I paid like $600 for it back in the day. I think it's WAY cheaper now. I barely take care of mine and it still runs amazingly. We literally just toss whole orange, apples, and all sorts of weird stuff in it. It comes out milky smooth.
    I don't peel anything, I don't remove the steams. If it's a fruit or veggie, I just toss it in and let it work it's magic.

My friend made me a very basic green drink on his Ninja. Oats, peanutbutter, protein powder, spinach. It was the most awful thing I put in my mouth. The texture was so thick and gritty, I almost kept vomiting on every sip. Ironically, the texture was also like vomit.

There's a world of difference between a smoothly blended drink and a poorly blended one - especially if you have sensitive taste buds like me.

If you buy it from Costco and it breaks down in ten years, you could return it; they pretty much honor any sort of returns, despite the fact they don't advertise it. I exchanged an 8 year old xbox back to them when it fried and they didn't ask any questions at all. These things tend to last a lifetime; my grandparents still have one from like 30 years ago.

I can't tolerate raw veggies or proof(despite the fact I'm 29), so having it in a quick liquid form every morning is pretty essential for me. Follow their recipe book that they supply and you're good to go.

Also great for soups. And probably the only device I know of that can actually fully de-clump Casein, which many of you probably know is always thick and impossible to use in a shaker, haha.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    I bought one back in 2010 and I wouldn't be mad at all if it died any day now. I've put it through hell.

• PurringMyrrh
    Options
    Staaahpp, you guys are makin' me underbits tingle. I'm going to smoothie first! No, hummus first! No, nut butter first! Or maybe...
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I love mine. I've had it for 4 years and it runs perfectly. It blends everything so smoothly, including raw beets. I mainly use mine to make smoothies and nut milk.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    My ex boyfriend had one. I'm pretty sure it could have blended a brick.
    Not that I ever tried, but I can't say I didn't think about it. I mean, a blended brick smoothie has to taste better than any with kale, right?
    I have one on my "I want" list for sure.
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    I have a magic bullet worth it's weight in gold for what I use it for. Several coworkers swear by their vitas