Need help...i dont know how to diet

2»

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    w600_4ee41f0e7c6385fd933abc7eddacb788.jpg
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,866 Member
    Don't throw out your size 5 clothes. Stick to this way of life and before long you will be wearing them again. Have faith in the system, stick to it and you will succeed. Make some friends on here who can help you along and who you think you might have something in common with.

For exercise have a look on youtube. There is everthing on there in the way of free exercises so there is sure to be something you enjoy. If you find something stick with that or do several different exercises during the week to keep your body 'interested'. Good luck
  • KirstieMay1
    KirstieMay1 Posts: 2 Member
    Something that I had to realise before I could get serious with my journey, was that I deserved the same care and attention that I gave my family - I wasn't thinking twice about making allowances for my family, opting for food that I knew was a favourite for my son or my partner, rather than the healthiest options, nor did I blink about making supper so that others could do what they needed/wanted to while I did it. I deserved the hour to myself for exercise, and the option to choose the best food for my dietary needs just as much as anyone else, and so now we share the cooking and clearing up, and everyone gets a say in what we eat when we make up the weekly meal plan. I'm no less deserving of this, than anyone else.

Neither are you.

Invest in your health, and your well-being. Spend time exercising, for you - however long you need. Communicate your needs to your family, don't just try to fit them around what's there. You deserve it too!
  • scoii
    scoii Posts: 160 Member
    If you feel really lost coming into this then get yourself a daily plan going. For example, if you have a 1500 calorie day to hit and you like 3 meals and a sweet treat at night then start with:
    300cal breakfast
    400cal lunch
    600cal dinner
    200cal treat

Then find some meals you like that could meet the targets.

After a week or 2 you'll know so much more about portion control and calorie density, and where the small differences in a recipe can make a big difference in the calories of a meal.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    This is a really great thread!

I've just recommended it to others elsewhere.