LADIES I NEED ADVICE!

Options
2»

Replies

• stronglikebull
    Options
    yaz is the friggen devil.

i've been on the nuvaring for almost 2 years and its like a tiny nugget of heaven in my life. my periods have gotten shorter and lighter, they run like clockwork, i've not only had no weight gain but i've lost the weight i gained while on yaz and then some, i have no mood issues other than the occasional per-period sad day that i feel falls under normal pms symptoms. my skin is great, i don't get wonky if i miss one because there's nothing to miss. you really don't feel it and my partner hasn't complained about feeling it either. i'd ask your doc to try it for 6 months. because its such a low, constant dose of hormones i think a lot of ladies react better to it. good luck!
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's called a condom. :glasses:

Sorry. Seriously, though, I had the same issues on every type I've tried. So I quit them all. And my boobs never did return to their pre-bc size! :huh:

LOL! I had the same problem!! I was on BC my first year of marriage and not only did it make me a freakin' loon, it took away any and all libido! So really, it worked in more ways then just preventing pregnancy, it also actually prevented sex altogether! LOL We've been using condoms ever since. I actually don't mind it, makes things less messy (sorry tmi).

Also, don't know if you have kids or if there is a correlation but many of the women I know that had emotional issues on BC also suffered from PPD, myself included.
  • Cherrycandy
    Cherrycandy Posts: 200
    Options
    Yeah, it happened to me when I tried to take the pill... my doctor even tried several differnt types and different doses and I STILL felt bad. I just couldnt take them. I cant use condoms either, im allergic to latex. I did have good luck with the Depo injection....You get it like once every three months and you have NO periods. I ended up just getting fixed though, after 2 children. I REALLY LOVE THAT OPTION! lol
  • jennyb31
    jennyb31 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I actually just had to stop taking my pills last week due to crazy side effects and I had taken them before with no problem! Im actually going to get my tubes tied but started the pill again because I feel like I get prego at the drop of a hat! I gained ten lbs and was so fatigued I could barely get out of bed, and had cramps constantly! Im feeling better now every day! I have resorted back to condoms. I have taken the nuva ring and had minimal side effects but still had some. The only thing that has worked for me with no side effects at all is condoms.
  • kirstyfromscotland
    kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    i have the depo injection every 3 months n i dont have periods which is a blessing and i also have never had any probs with it. Ive also had the implant which was fine but as soon as i hit the 2nd year of it i started getting light periods so i had it removed n now im back on the depo. Hope that helps.x :smile:
  • kirstyfromscotland
    kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    i have the depo injection every 3 months n i dont have periods which is a blessing and i also have never had any probs with it. Ive also had the implant which was fine but as soon as i hit the 2nd year of it i started getting light periods so i had it removed n now im back on the depo. Hope that helps.x :smile:
    4got 2 say i never gained weight with it either, but what it does 2 my body might b different 2 what it might do 2 ur body.x
  • laurad1406
    laurad1406 Posts: 341
    Options
    i definitely agree you need to talk to your doctor,. maybe ask for a lower estrogen pill? I am on Kareva (which is generic AND low estrogen) and have been for almost 10 years...the only side effect i've ever experienced was it regulating my cycle, which is exactly the reason i went on it in the first place. But that being said, different things work for different people, your gyno would know what your best option would be, I'm sure you aren't the only woman to come into their office with this issue :smile:
  • ashley_jorah
    ashley_jorah Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Talk to your doctor.
    I used to go to a walk-in clinic because of my weird work/school hours, so you end up seeing multiple doctors. One doctor put me on a brand that made me cry over everything! Pictures of puppies, tissue paper ads, etc. Then I'd get mad at myself for crying for no reason, and cry harder. I lasted a couple weeks and ran back to the clinic. The next doctor said something along the lines of 'these are from the 70s, we don't put people on these anymore! We have way better newer stuff'
    So he swtiched me. And now I've been happy ever since!
    I also now take mine continuously for 3 months. Has reduced the pain, the moodiness and the heaviness/length. Best thing I ever did.
  • dlangenfeld
    dlangenfeld Posts: 119
    Options
    I used to have that problem too. I don't know if you have kids, but if you do then I highly suggest the Mirena IUD. It's been FANTASTIC. No funky side effects, no weight gain, my periods stopped after a few months, I love it. If you don't have kiddos, then it prob won't work. It seems to settle better in the uterus after a pregnancy. Have you tried the super low dose bc's? Or a progesterone only pill? Those are supposed to be a little easier with the side effects. I like the Nuvaring too before I had my daughter. Good luck!

I agree...Mirena IUD is the way to go!! No side effects, no weight gain, NO PERIODS, I love it!!
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I love my Flexi-T copper IUD! <3 I'm extremely sensitive to synthetic hormones (even the Mirena caused big problems for me), so this is perfect for me. Been a repeat customer and happy for years. So cheap, too!

The Pill and I are mortal enemies, apparently. Was on 4 different brands over many years...during that time, I developed and was clinically diagnosed with 5 mental illnesses that all magically went away when a smart psychiatrist said, "hrm, maybe you're hormone sensitive" and suggested I come off of them. Yikes -- two years of therapy and meds that could have been avoided. :S My case is probably pretty extreme, but...I love my Flexi-T!!! <3
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options

i've been on the nuvaring for almost 2 years and its like a tiny nugget of heaven in my life. my periods have gotten shorter and lighter, they run like clockwork, i've not only had no weight gain but i've lost the weight i gained while on yaz and then some, i have no mood issues other than the occasional per-period sad day that i feel falls under normal pms symptoms. my skin is great, i don't get wonky if i miss one because there's nothing to miss. you really don't feel it and my partner hasn't complained about feeling it either. i'd ask your doc to try it for 6 months. because its such a low, constant dose of hormones i think a lot of ladies react better to it. good luck!

I love nuvaring and would never think of using anything else.
  • travelprincess
    travelprincess Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Its a hormone so yes it does ulter your body chemistry. Depo made me like a lunatic, so I didnt get my second shot. I stayed on regular bc pills after that until my tubal ligation in 2006 after my son was born.
    Abstinence, IUD or a condom are the only way you wont need to take something that will simulate hormones.
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options

I am on this too and love it. When i started birth control i was put on it. I switched to the pill for financial reasons and gosh was that a HUGE mistake, acne, moody, irritable, depressed, you name it i had it. Plus a 10lb weight gain. Switched back to Nuva dropped the 10lbs plus 5 more. I'll pay the extra, no doubt about it!
  • Victorian131
    Victorian131 Posts: 130
    Options
    I was on cerazette (low hormone pill) for ages because it drove me kookoo, I am now on the implant and its amazing, as long as you aren't scared of needles! but it goes in, no side affects and you can forget about it for 3 years! You can also have it out whenever you like with no side effects. I think its great. But everyting works differently for different people like has been said.
    I hope you find something that works for you, I know how bad it can be being on something that has so many bad sideeffects.
    All the best with it!
    VIx x
  • sammiemw
    sammiemw Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi
    I got the implant fitted coz the pill made me crazy and the depo injection increases your weight by upto 12 kilos!!!!! It has been fab, not had any issues! And it aids weightloss, as it doesn't make you hungry, like other types of birth control