(UK) What is he best Blender out there?

Options
Hi, I need to blend up vegetables- as I currently only eat very few....just wondering what blenders are the best?

Replies

• abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    all blenders are born equal, aim at price, 1000 watts and above with variable speeds and a warranty - you also have the ones with strong marketing campaign and funky names that are more expensive and it is just cool to have one...
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    i'd go with a vitamix or a blendtec
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I haven't found anything (yet!) that my Vitamix can't pulverise.
  • pompeyjosh1990
    pompeyjosh1990 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    im not spending over £300 for a blender....you have to be off your rocker.
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    You said best, not cheapest ;-)
  • pompeyjosh1990
    pompeyjosh1990 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    ok anything under £100
  • Shrinking_Erin
    Shrinking_Erin Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Vitamix are awesome. I'm still mad that I sold mine before coming to Europe. I have a kitchen aide that is pretty and nice but doesn't compare to my previous one.
  • caradack1985
    caradack1985 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Mines a Kenwood, cost £28, its one of the ones for making smoothies so depending on how much you want to blend it might not work. If I need to blend loads I use my mum's 15 year old blender. Still works. You don't need to waste lots of money, go with someone like Kenwood that have a good brand name, there are a few others.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    If you're willing to spend £20 more than your budget, I'd highly recommend the KitchenAid blender that comes with the tool case from John Lewis (I could only get it online). Honestly, it's amazing. And for all the stuff that comes with it it is well worth the money.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Are you blending cooked veg into soups? ...a handheld multi like a Braun would suffice for that ...they're quite cheap

I've had one of these for over 15 years, still works https://www.amazon.co.uk/Braun-MQ325-Hand-Blender-White/dp/B00IYL2PFU/ref=sr_1_1?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1470308953&sr=1-1&keywords=Blender+Braun

the little enclosed thing is fine for chopping raw veg

But if you're talking about a juicer blender no idea ...I think they're a waste of money TBH
  • jeffrousey
    jeffrousey Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love my Kitchen Ninja, there are various configurations with different price tags.