Mfp friends, motivation, recipes.. Tips..h

Options
New to this.. I turned to mfp cause i want to lose 30lbs. Not only do i want i NEED to lose 30lbs. After having to kids im not happy or comfortable with my body. Ive become very insecure with myself.. Im just looking for some friends on here motivation.. N any one who wants to share some healthy tastey meals and any tips.. Thank you.

Replies

• aliciapastorlecha
    aliciapastorlecha Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hello!! Welcome! i have been doing this for a while, I am very close to my weight goal and now is when this is becoming more difficult, but I keep plugging my food everyday.
    Meal planning and meal prep are key because it will prevent you from eating out. Make sure you don't keep unhealthy snacks around the house so you won't be tempted to snack on them.
    Feel free to add me if you like!, would love to help you if I can :)
  • laura17192015
    laura17192015 Posts: 18 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Hi

Welcome to MFP! I'm kind of I'm the same boat as you, but I have more weight to lose. I've been actively using MFP for a little over a month. I've lost 12 lbs since I started here and 7 before. I sent you a friend request, maybe we can support each other.
  • bquartermainNZ
    bquartermainNZ Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi :smile:

I'm new to this also but really enjoying it so far, especially the tracking exercise and calories part as i'm very visual and find that seeing my progress written down is best! I agree with the above comment "Meal planning and meal prep are key because it will prevent you from eating out. Make sure you don't keep unhealthy snacks around the house so you won't be tempted to snack on them." BANG ON. Meal prep is KEY! I'm sitting at 72kg's and looking to get to 62kg's - I'm going to do this with clean eating and exercise 5 times per week. What sort of exercise are you doing? Remember that it is 80% Diet and 20% Exercise.
  • DazzlingKim68
    DazzlingKim68 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 30lbs too. I log my food on here and have a activity tracker. I'm determined this time.