A Chef's Waistline

Options
Greetings,

My Quick Intro:

A friend of mine highly recommended this site so I thought I would check it out. While working in a different career, I recently started going to culinary school for fun. I have always had a fondness for flavorful food and a body to prove it! In 2006, I chose to live a healthier lifestyle and was able to quit smoking and lost ~50 pounds. I have been a regular at the gym ever since.

Now, I am considering cooking professionally if an upcoming internship goes well and I would like to further refine my physical fitness, particularly in the next two months.

My goal: trimmer thighs, more muscle tone (particularly abdomen), and more muscle mass.

Good luck to everyone on achieving their goals!

Replies

• olag00
    olag00 Posts: 222
    Options
    I've always been told not to trust a skinny chef :tongue:

Good luck on your journey!
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Best of luck! My husband is in culinary school right now and trying to lose 80+ lbs at the same time.
  • windybaer
    windybaer Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Is Paul Prudhomme still living?
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    I'm a graduate of Culinary in 2007- while there I gained 40 pounds! There is a way to love flavorful food, eat what you love and maintain a healthy weight!

It's actually quite fun putting healthy spins on some traditionally fattening meals! The hardest part for me was when I worked in bakeries!

Keep up the great work!! From experience I know how hard it is to quit smoking and lose weight at the same time!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Good luck! It's possible! Just a bite, that is my professional advice :smile:
    (ok maybe two bites, just to be sure)
  • drivelerq
    drivelerq Posts: 9
    Options
    I know what you mean, I have always been a good cook and had the body to prove it...but I would rather be healthy so I am tying to lose weight and eat in MODERATION! Good luck on your journey and REACH FOR THOSE DREAMS! You can do it!
  • bigdaddycowgill
    bigdaddycowgill Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I've always been told not to trust a skinny chef :tongue: