Advice on my weight loss plan?

Options
Hi guys

So i started my weight loss plan a month ago and i am not really satisfied with the changes. I know it's only been a month but people shed a decent amount of pounds in that period.

I'm 5'4, Female and 21 years old. I started out with 62 kg and now im still fluctuating between 60 and 61. And my goal weight is 115 pounds, more or less

The thing is I want to lose fat fast and reach my goal by the end of October because i have some important events then and i want to be in shape by then. Is it too much of a leap or is it possible because uptil now the progress is pretty slow.

My plan includes an HIIT workout early in the morning just after i wake up (which basically includes sprints & running and then a short interval of catching my breath). I do this for almost an hour everyday but other that that since i am a med student, i spend most of my time on my bed studying so there is no other exercise.

I drink 5 to 6 cups of Japanese Green Tea everyday. Also i am on a no-carb diet and it is rare if i ever do happen to take carbs and that just happens on cheat days. Speaking of which, my cheat days arent that frequent. Maybe once in a week or two weeks. And even in those cheat days i don't eat anything that fattening or sweet and i havent drank a sip of fizzy drink in the past month even though i used to drink coca cola alot before.
I do try to track my calories but it's very hard since i live in Pakistan and i cant always find the foods i eat on myfitnesspal or any other app.

Also my main issue is that even thoigh i have a petite upper body, like my arms and torso are fine and my face is thin too but all of my fat seems to go on the stomach region and my hips. I have never in my life had a flat belly even when i was 55 kg a few years back so this stubborn belly fat is very depressing because i just want it gone.

Any advice would really be appreciated. :')

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Hi!

We all want to lose fast, but that's not always possible. You can only use up a certain percentage of your stored fat per day/week. People who lose a lot of weight in a short time, have a lot to lose. You are not there. If you try to force through, you will not be in great shape in October. You can lose up to 1% of your total body weight per week if you do everyhing correctly. This may or may not fit with your goal, but having a time frame on weight loss, and even very specific weight loss goals, is seldom a good idea anyway. Instead, have behavioral goals. You can't control your weight directly, but you can control your behavior, and your behavior controls your weight.

Exercise is great for health, and it can contribute to weight loss, but it's not necessary for weight loss. You lose by eating fewer calories than you burn.

You don't have to eat or drink anything special, or cut out anything. No foods or drinks can slim you down (not "help" slimming down, either). No foods are fattening. Too large amounts of food or drink is fattening. Eat food you like, in appropriate portions. Cheating is no good, though. You can easily erase all your effort since last cheat. But if you already eat food you like and feel full and satisfied, you'll probably have no urge to cheat.

You can lose weight without counting calories, if you can stick to reasonable portions of whole, real foods, and just an occasional, reasonably sized treat. But if you count calories, you'll need to log everything. You can create your own entries - I bet you can find calorie count for any single food ingredient in the world online, and you can use the recipe builder for home made food. If you eat out or have food made for you, you have to estimate, and don't eat until stuffed.

You are already at a healthy weight. And as you already have noticed, fat distribution is kinda predestined. Some of us would have to be underweight to get a flat belly, and get scrawny faces and visible ribcages while there's still plenty fat on the rest of our bodies. So the big task here is to learn to accept that, not to diet to get thinner against your natural shape and inclinations. You can alter some features by strength training, but your overall shape is not going to be much different.
  • subtlygold
    subtlygold Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the detailed reply. You're right. Losing weight is an entire process that will take time so i shouldn't try to force it. I'm just honesyly concerned about my belly fat the most. The rest, i am happy with. I sure hope i'm not predispositioned to have belly fat because thats's a girl's worst body nightmare :(
    I know people say now that spot exercises arent a thing but really, do crunches help in anyway? And what kind if strength training? Lifting weights? i really don't have the muscle for that at all.