Most Challenging Time of Day

Daisy_May
Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
edited September 29 in Health and Weight Loss
What is the most challenging time of day for you to get through?

Mine is right when I get home from work before I make dinner, my fiancé doesn't get home from work until about 2 hours after me and it's really important to me to eat together. But I tell you those 2 hours KILL me! I can do well all day, even eat a healthy snack before I leave work but as soon as I get home I want to EAT.
It doesn't help that I never really know when he'll be home so I start dinner early then I pick at it as I wait for him, it's really starting to kill me!

Replies

• aimsterss
    aimsterss Posts: 4
    Sadly mine is at night when the family is asleep. I have a hard time sleeping and my mind wanders and that is when I crave food the most, and for me its salty food to :( I know I don't have a answer for you but I just want you to know your not alone....
  • tuscaroragal
    tuscaroragal Posts: 78 Member
    I am always hungry right when I get home, and I tend to snack before dinner. The only thing I've done is to find healthier choices...like snack on a few carrots sticks or celery while I wait for my dinner to cook. Some days, it's easy and some days I feel like I've eaten two dinners! :) Hang in there...see if finding a few healthy choices to munch helps out. Best of luck!
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    I'm with Aimsterss. BIGTIME.
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    The funny thing is sometimes when he doesn't get home until 8 -9 I no longer feel like eating! Like I missed my window of opportunity!
  • Danahimself
    Danahimself Posts: 279 Member
    during the night
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 486 Member
    To make your 2 hour break before our soon-to-be hubby gets home very useful, you could exercise and get all spiffy up just for him.... :)
  • andiimarie
    andiimarie Posts: 114 Member
    Afternoons are my most difficult time. Between 2:30 and 4:30. It's right when I start getting bored and tired at work so I always want to eat to entertain myself. Lately I've been having a scheduled snack at 3 p.m. and that is helping. It might help you to move your snack to right after work. It gives you something to look forward to at that time and then you also don't have to fight that habit that you already have. Also, you could try scheduling an activity for yourself during that time so that you have something to do until dinner time other than snacking.
  • allybally6
    allybally6 Posts: 142 Member
    I too am a night time eater. Trying to get over it though. :smile:
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Can you save your late snack for right when you get home and make it something high in fiber like an apple?

Or split your late snack in two parts and have the other half when you get home?

I try to do dishes, sweep and take the dogs for a walk when I get home so that I don't indulge before my hubby is ready.
  • kngarber
    kngarber Posts: 227
    My hardest time is evenings. I just want to eat everything in sight.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    3pm and 6pm. 3pm, I want to put my head on my desk and sleep. Or eat as much chocolate as I can find. So I have been opting for coffee (skim and splenda) and 23 raw almonds (i.e. 1 oz). At 6pm, when I get home from work, I am starving and want to eat- but I have to cook it and I have three kids. So I find myself picking. So yesterday I ate one low fat string cheese and literally ate it in strings to keep me busy while I cooked. It seems to work.

Good luck!
  • Monkeylost
    Monkeylost Posts: 121 Member
    Mine is not a time of day but time of the week. Friday and Saturday nights are a killer as we have a lot of visitors and I love too cook. There is the fact that although I'm on a diet our visitors are not!!! I cook up a storm and make al kinds of deserts then sit and watch others enjoy them. My will power gets tested all the time Xxxx
  • carmcd
    carmcd Posts: 115
    Afternoons are my most difficult time. Between 2:30 and 4:30. It's right when I start getting bored and tired at work so I always want to eat to entertain myself.

ME TOO! today i broke down and got a milky way from the vending machiene because work was slow and I didn't get enough sleep! Oh well, back on the wagon now and planning a healthy snack for later!
  • deekado
    deekado Posts: 2
    Hmm, well I cook on the weekends so we have leftovers to eat all week for dinner. I either go to the gym or do a work out at home before he comes home and then we are able to eat together. Might try that, I am the same way, I come home and immediately think I need to eat something when I already had an afternoon snack (fruit/vegetable).
  • sibach
    sibach Posts: 24
    The funny thing is sometimes when he doesn't get home until 8 -9 I no longer feel like eating! Like I missed my window of opportunity!

That is good that you don't feel like eating late!!! :)
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Any time that I'm home alone with nothing to do is the worst time. Usually that's between 8pm and midnight.
  • thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Mine is between lunch and leaving work. It's typically a slow time of day at work for us, so I just sit here... and when I get bored, I want to eat. I keep a pack of tictacs in my desk drawer to keep my mouth busy. And of course, water. But, it seems like it takes forever to get to 5pm after lunch hits!
  • Mine is afternoons between 2-4pm when we have school done, housework caught up, and are looking for something to do.

This is when I have my Gala or Fuji apple with Natural Skippy Creamy PB.
    If I am out of it, which is rare b/c I live on this stuff, then I get a handful of my homemade natural trail mix and that is my 2nd fav thing.

Find something healthy that works for you and stay with it.
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    After 8 PM and when no one is home. The nights that my husband works evenings and I am home alone are very difficult sometimes. I get around it by planning a night time snack each night and I also try to keep myself busy.
This discussion has been closed.