I'm a cancer patient!!!!!!

Options
lexi3500
lexi3500 Posts: 346 Member
I'm Lexi I'm 36 from Florida .. I've been threw treatments like crazy , I hate it.. Hair falling out, the doctors caught the cancer on time .. Im doing little better I'm trying to be strong , & positives but sometimes I just wanna cry.. I hate life..

Replies

• Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Hey I am NOT getting skinny- sister teased me I'd of course have to get the kind doesn't cause loss right away- so hence I'm on MFP - for me to get in best shape and health I can for whatever time I have- I want to know that feeling and accomplish that goal--I no longer wish to waste my life being sad about how in feel in or out of clothes- just ran my first 5k felt great- looking to learn jitter bug- always looked like fun in old movies- preparing my kids and husband for life without me- not so easy- but making memories very fun- just wish I didn't dodge dang camera so much when they were young- sad truth about being fat and embarrassed- not too many mom pictures
  • lexi3500
    Options
    Thanks for the support I need it ..
  • lexi3500
    Options
    Add me if u want
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    My daughter went through cancer, caught early, a few years ago, and she's doing super well. She lost all her hair and went through a lot, too. I am sorry you are going through this. But, at least, cancer isn't like it used to be, is it, Lexi?

By the way, Lexi. she got her hair back. She has beautiful thick hair!
  • Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Anytime Lexi- you will be amazed at you strengths- and the kindness of total strangers who are sending you good thoughts and make you smile despite it all- it does suck beans for sure but be kinda weird if it didn't eh?? Get on utube- Michael Seely hypnotism listening tapes- I find night time hardest time of my day---helps me relax and get to sleep without so much anxiety- plus sleep meds make me groggy at work- this doesn't
  • chasitystiff851
    chasitystiff851 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Be strong and believe in him and pray and just ask him
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    lexi3500 wrote: »
    Well cancer to me is bad..I'm 36.. I have to be strong & think positive that's what I can do.. I'm trying but it's hard..

Well, of course, it's bad. I'm not in the trenches, as you are. I don't understand what you are going through, but I can look at my daughter and see how she beat it. I just expect the same for you. She was near your age when it all broke loose. She's almost 45 now.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    lexi3500 wrote: »
    Well cancer to me is bad..I'm 36.. I have to be strong & think positive that's what I can do.. I'm trying but it's hard..

Lexi, I wish I was there so I could give you a warm hug! xo <3
  • lexi3500
    Options
    Awww .. So sweet. Hearts_2015
  • lexi3500
    Options
    I'll get threw it eventually I hope so.. I just have to be strong you know. I have to do the best I can not to think negative
  • gillie80
    gillie80 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry you are going through this
    I saw something on TV about a chilled head piece which stopped hair loss in 75% of the people who received chemo. I can't remember the name of it, ask your doctor. Best of luck to you, I'll hold you in my thoughts and prayers.

my mum had one of these, it's called a Cold Cap in the UK. really worked for her. her hair thinned but not so it was really noticeable to anyone but her.

thinking of you. hope you beat the hell out of it!
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you're going through this. My thoughts and prayers are going your way. Just stay strong!
  • AmberSpamber
    AmberSpamber Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Keep your head up. I know it is hard, but the fact that you caught it early is a blessing and a sign that you're still meant to be around. We're all sent trials in life and I think what defines us is how we handle them. So keep smiling, and know that this too will pass. Hugs!
  • HappyAnna2014
    HappyAnna2014 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I will say a prayer for you, Lexi. You are young. You can beat this!!
  • lexi3500
    Options
    I'm not that young I'm 36 . I think I'm old . Thanks so much I I appreciate it. The support
  • lexi3500
    Options
    It is different someone going threw it ( LIKE ME . I feel old . But , I only have two more treatments to go than I'll be ok. That's the doctor said to me . I just hope to god that it won't come back .. It's bad cancer where it is. I'm never drink or smoke in my entire life ..
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!