Getting super bloated after going hours without eating??

Options
Hey guys hoping i could get some help with this but I'm a 20 year old who's fairly active and always on my feet so that means I carry around snacks with me. I have my normals meals as well but problem is I've been noticing every time I go just a few hours without eating when im hungry, I get super bloated when I do finally eat something and I know its a normal thing to get bloated after eating but this is more of an uncomfortable bloat and it leaves me puffy. This usually only happens when I wait an hour or a while to eat when I'm hungry which is why I need snacks with me but sometimes I don't always them with me so I have to deal with the hunger. anyone else experience this? Is there also a disadvantage to going hours without food when your hungry?

Replies

• DKG28
    DKG28 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    when you eat after being hungry for a while, do you eat too fast? for me, going from full on hungry to wolfing down my meal leads to stomach unhappiness. I feel like you have to eat a little, let your stomach catch on that it's getting food, and then eat the rest. Also make sure you drink enough with your meal, and throughout the day to stay hydrated.
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    this happens to me too. Feeling the BLOAT tells me I've gone too long w/out food. going for long times without eating is like running your car with no gas. if your last meal wasn't enough to carry you through the next 4 hours, then yeah you need food. What you eat for your meals and what activity you do between then will determine how long you can go. I also notice that if I eat too little calories in a day I get bloated. reminder that starving myself is ineffective, I guess :smiley: practice mindfulness and track food and symptoms. you'll figure it out.