Eating late

Can you eat a low calorie home made pizza late like 830 at night after cardio? I am still under my calories for day.

Replies

• RachelEllenBenton
    RachelEllenBenton Posts: 1 Member
    I don't see why not, I work at a pub and the land lady is always on her feet till midnight and that is her only chance to sit down and get some dinner and she is extremely fit and thin!! So has no problems with eating late at night :-)
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,208 Member
    Meal timing doesn't affect fat loss. :+1:
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Meal timing is media hype, eat when ever you like as long as you are within your calorie goal.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Why not? Meal timing has absolutely no affect on weight loss.
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    if the concern is just basic weight gain and your under calories you're fine, however if its about muscle preservation through your rem cycles what you eat at night can have an impact. Try to eat something with healthy fats and protein. The fats slow down the protein absorption Carbs should not be so heavy at bed time IMO, but my goals may vary from yours like I said. Link is informational only dont take it as gospel by any means.

http://confitdent.com/build-muscle-overnight-picking-the-best-bedtime-snacks/
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Unless eating late causes you to have problems sleeping (heartburn/GERD), it's fine
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Will it give you heartburn and make it hard for you to sleep? If there are no physical side effects for you eating a certain food at a certain time, and it fits your calories, then its not significant.

Eating out of 'routine' may have a temporary impact on weight, due to mass of food. But not on fat loss.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Sure, other foods too.

I eat dinner after 9 most days, and had no issues losing weight.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I ate late all the time when I was losing weight and I don't think it ever impacted my weight loss. Provided you are hitting your calorie goal, you should be fine.
  • fatgiraffe2
    fatgiraffe2 Posts: 73 Member
    I've never really followed the no late eating rules, mainly because it's difficult to do with different working hours and commitments. I don't think it matters too much personally, as long as it doesn't throw out your numbers for the day.
  • paulinetomp
    paulinetomp Posts: 3 Member
    Wow thanks guys much appreciated, didn't realise anyone had answered my querie as I'm new to site and had no notifications lol. Appreciate all the feed back. I am on a 1200 calorie a day and am not hitting it most days which is a worry. Also active everyday is this a concern for weight loss?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Be sure you are tracking correctly. Weigh everything and don't trust database entries - check with label and USDA database.
  • AJF230
    AJF230 Posts: 81 Member
    If you go to bed with food in your stomach sleep on your left side to aid digestion.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    AJF230 wrote: »
    If you go to bed with food in your stomach sleep on your left side to aid digestion.

It may be important to you, but most people have enough on their minds already to worry about things like this :#