Easy Grilled Italian Chicken

Options
mysticatedwine
mysticatedwine Posts: 2 Member
I'm not sure if anyone else does this, but I got this recipe from my mom!! Only requires two ingredients- one bottle of fat free Italian dressing and one package of chicken breasts.
Typically, I buy boneless and skinless. They generally don't hold as much flavor as the chicken breasts with the bones left in and the skin on... But I prefer them.
Use a strainer to get all of the spices out of some of the dressing. Get an injector, inject the chicken with the dressing. Put em all in a bag and pour the rest in a bag. Marinate for at least 30 minutes. Then grill them! I usually use a meat thermometer to check the doneness. I pull them off at 140 F and let them rest for ten minutes. The residual best will cook them the rest of the way through, and having them rest before cutting into them will redistribute the juices so they stay tender. Probably my go to healthy meal, because it's high in protein, low in fat, and still tastes delicious. Not to mention it's cheap and we all know it can be difficult to eat healthy on a budget.

Replies

• NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    You can bake it too, put chicken in baking pan and pour whole bottle of dressing over chicken and bake til done.
    Pour out excess dressing, and save a little to spoon over chicken before eating.
  • travlingal216
    travlingal216 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Going to try this today. How long do you usually bake it?
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    45 min on 350-375 but I tend to like my chicken well done, if you want it more moist cover w foil for 30 minutes, then check on it, see how much longer it needs...
    Hope you like it!
    You can add raw potato wedges and cut up carrots and onions in the baking dish if you want.
  • schlerin
    schlerin Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Have done this in the crockpot too. I quartered red potatoes on the bottom, chicken, mushrooms, and pour dressing over top.