Tore muscle, I need alternatives to work out?!?

Options
Hello! Last week I tore a muscle on my upper right side of my back. This caused a lot of pain on my right arm and I am unable to have much movement. Doc told me to not work it out for at least six months. Lucky me :/ right when I started with my fitness goals! Has this happened to someone else out there?? Can someone give me some alternatives so that I can remain active and not lose too much of my progress? I need to work out! I just can't do anything with my arms.

Replies

• eIIekay
    eIIekay Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    walking, exercise bike, lunges...so sorry....that must be painful!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    Ouch! That sounds painful! I'm sorry. I hope you heal quickly. Six months is a long time. Can you get a referral to a sports therapist who can advise you as far as what you can and can't do? Otherwise, I suppose anything lower body would be okay.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Ouch. Yeah, I'd probably just walk or do some stationary bike if it's ok on your back.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I did my shoulder and started walking. That led to some running and more running. I became a runner and enjoy it. I do go back to weights to get ready for ski season but only do moderate weight on Nautilus machines. I don't want to get hurt again, at 54 I don't heal very fast anymore.