Hunger

Options
hannahlbur
hannahlbur Posts: 221 Member
Does anyone else find that they are super hungry all the time?!

I eat loads and have something every couple of hours to try and prevent this but still hungry nearly all day long!!! Is it just me am I super weird?!

Replies

• aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    It might be WHAT you're eating (or more importantly, what you're not). Unlock your diary, and people will be able to give you helpful advice on how to keep the hunger curbed.
  • abbigail_r
    abbigail_r Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I fell really hungry some days too. And I always hear that the more fruit and veggies you eat the more you fell filled up...not very tue for me.
  • smiley01x
    smiley01x Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    i am hungry all day long also! bump
  • 7destiny
    7destiny Posts: 31
    Options
    For some people bread, pasta, high sugar foods, lead to increased hunger. For me a tablespoon or two of chia seeds in tea helps damp down hunger, or an icy drink.
  • hunterzmomma
    hunterzmomma Posts: 121
    Options
    I AM HUNGRY ALL THE FREAKING TIME!!! boooooooo :(
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Protein and fibre . . . ensure you have some with each meal as these are the things that will help you feel full longer. I eat oatmeal for breakfast, only 1/4 c. raw, and it keeps me full for hours . . . then have 12 almonds with my fruit snack mid morning, always some protein with my salad for lunch, etc. Im never hungry except for just before dinner typically.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    It's likely one of 2 things. Either a) your body is missing out one something essential that it needs, so it's telling you you're hunrgy; or b) you're not eating enough. "b" is way more common than I ever imagined before joining this website....
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I notice that if I eat less carbs and more protein I'm never hungry, but if I do the opposite and eat more carbs I am starving before my next meal.
  • cgavin77
    cgavin77 Posts: 219
    Options
    When at work and BORED out of my MIND (like now...) then YES... STARVING. But if Im home after work or weekends I hardly even think about it!! I try and make sure Im bringing baby carrots, almonds and cottage cheese as snacks to help through the day.
  • hollybug26
    hollybug26 Posts: 23
    Options
    I was the same then I found out I was not taking in enough calories for the amount of time I was working out. I work out everyday for at least 30 min doing Turbo Jam and so I needed needed extra calories.....I actually started to lose more to after that.
    But if that does not help try taking in more fiber or protein.
  • jackieelizabeth
    jackieelizabeth Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    serioussly eat some protein!! i used to steer wayy clear off it because i thought it helped ppl "bulk up" hahaha not exactly what us ladies are tryin to do here right?? but when i finally realized that its not like that at alll i found a new love for chocolate protien bars... yes the taste takes time to grow on ya ,but i literally cravvvve them now and im full for a few hours!
  • suzitkd
    suzitkd Posts: 110
    Options
    You've had lots of good advice here already, I'll just say that I totally agree, more protein, avoid too many carbs! For me even fruit does it! I snack on cottage cheese or a small handful of nuts, very little bread, only small amounts of rice, pasta or potatoes, protein with every meal! Definitely make sure you're eating enough calories for what you're doing in a day. Also check you're not actually thirsty - if you start to feel hungry drink a glass of water, 20 minutes later if you're still hungry EAT SOMETHING! Make sure there's a bit of protein in there though! Try to up your veggies and fibre in general which will also help you keep feeling fuller longer, and try really hard to cut out all White flour and sugar. I also like to snack on oaty products which are high in fibre. Good luck!
  • hannahlbur
    Options
    I don't think it's the case that I'm not eating enough but I have just stepped up my training a lot and working really hard so will see how the numbers end up after a few weeks. I am eating lots of protein, carbs all wholegrain rice or pasta and sometimes wholemeal bread. I have the odd treat but nothing too major. I will keep doing my tracker religiously (sometimes forget) and then hopefully I can see what is going on or if not seek advice...
  • hannahlbur
    Options
    i drink loadddds of water so don't think it is that! I think I might even drink too much sometimes :(
  • RKORTON
    RKORTON Posts: 23
    Options
    I stay hungry all the time no matter what I eat. I think my issue is in my mind more than anything due to I am always thinking of food. I am considering hypnosis for weight loss to see if that will help.