Stay at home mom looking for motivational friends

Options
I'll keep this short and sweet. I have 2 beautiful kids 10 and 3 who love to be active. I had gotten up to 412 lbs and could not keep up. This year I had the gastric sleeve. I've lost 115lbs. I need to lose 100lbs more. I'm looking for someone other than myself in my news feed. Healthy tips and an encouraging words or two every now and then. My diet his high protein ,water, and low carb. And I do yard work to exercise, I walk, and when my son goes back to school I plan on getting back in the gym. Ok so a little long winded but any takers?

Replies

• Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your achievements to date. I'm happy to be a cheerleader but I don't know how much practical advice I can offer.
  • Piperx222
    Piperx222 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi, congrats on the weight lost so far, your doing awesome! I'm a mom of 2 little boys (3 and 1 years) and work from home with them. Have lost about 70 so far with about 40 to reach my ultimate goal.

I'll send you a request. I'm on here all the time. The MFP community has been a big help for me to stay motivated and keep going!
  • SylviazSpirit
    SylviazSpirit Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me, I'm a stay at home mom of two. I've lost 38lbs and recently taken up running. I get on everyday (318 streak) and always try to offer kind words or at least a like if I'm in a hurry :)
  • AliciaBerries
    AliciaBerries Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom too. I have about 70 left to lose and only recently started using the forums after six months. You've already come a long way. I know you can do this!
  • syberdyne
    syberdyne Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me to your friends! Always good to have motivated, positive folks. :)
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm a SAHM. Have 6 kids but they are on the older side. I still stay home since two have health issues.
  • sadiepie05
    sadiepie05 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I'm a stay at home mom of kids who are about the same age as yours (8 & 4).
  • pandahead76
    pandahead76 Posts: 122 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Another SAHM here that you can add! I've got 60-70 lbs to lose. I shoot for a balanced diet, but mainly I am making sure that I have a calorie deficit of 500 or so each day. I participate in group fitness classes currently (Zumba, spinning, and Group Power). <3