Not sure what to set my activity as

Options
Suzex
Suzex Posts: 28 Member
Hi, I'm new to this site, not new to dieting though. I wanted to ask about the activity setting in the goals page. I first put that I was sat all day but found I was getting increasingly hungry as I was actually up and down, washing up, feeding the cat, folding clothes etc. so I changed it to lightly active, should I have done this? Thanks

Replies

• Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Hunger probably has nothing to do with your activity level. This is just a normal reaction to your body readjusting to a new food level. It will subside in time.

As for activity level. I would probably put you back into the sedentary range unless you are spending more time on your feet than your butt.
  • dlafarga
    dlafarga Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yes! I would leave it as lightly active if you find yourself getting up regulary.
    Thats what I have it as. I work in retail so I'm on my feet for atleast 8 hrs a day. But I only work 3x or 4x a week. On my off days, I am usually sitting down and getting up every so often. I exercise six times a week but I have to be honest with myself. I am not on the move all day so I'll leave mine as being lightly active.
  • ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I have mine set to active and am actually considering to bump it back down to lightly active... Here is my typical week:

Monday = 1.5 hours of p90x

Tuesday = 1 hour of karate, caring for horses, 1 hour of plyometrics (p90x)

Wed = 1.5 hour of p90x, Some weeks 1 hour of sparring

Thursday = 1 hour of kickboxing, caring for horses, 1 hour of p90x

Friday = 1 hour of karate, caring for horses, 1 hour of p90x

Saturday = Some weeks 1 hour of karate, caring for horses, 1.5 hours of Yoga (p90x)

All on top of the standard house work, and caring for two kids.

My weight loss has slowed a bit, so I am thinking lightly active might be the way to go for me. Not sure if this example will help you in making your decision or not though. Hoping to get some feedback on whether I should change mine again too.