Losing weight but belly seems bigger!

Options
dramisea
dramisea Posts: 28 Member
edited August 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi y'all. I'm having a rough time today.. I just changed into "stretchy" shorts and a tank top and I feel like I'm suffocating! :(. I just wore it the other day but today it just seems tight and uncomfortable alll over and my belly just seems to be sticking out (more than usual) and feels huge. Help on what it could be and/or what I can do to help or fix it? Background info.. I'm down 23 lbs, do mostly cardio and some body weight exercises 5 times a week, have been eating very well compared to what I used to, around 1300 calories a day, I have PCOS, and as of last week started taking a multi vitamin for the first time.

Thanks!

Replies

• evastar
    evastar Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Could just be bloating
  • dramisea
    Options
    evastar wrote: »
    Could just be bloating
    Any advice on how to help it?
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Maybe avoid foods that are high in salt?
    Take a break from white flour.

Maybe Pms?
  • jbrady574
    jbrady574 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi dramIsea I too same position I bloat after eating I'm using deflating that helps a bit hows you u ok
  • dramisea
    Options
    jbrady574 wrote: »
    Hi dramIsea I too same position I bloat after eating I'm using deflating that helps a bit hows you u ok

What's deflating?
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Yeah, sounds like bloating.
  • Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    dramisea wrote: »
    evastar wrote: »
    Could just be bloating
    Any advice on how to help it?

Try reducing your sodium intake. Also, increase your water as it will help flush out the excess sodium. If it's just PMS, it'll be gone in a few days.
  • beatyfamily1
    beatyfamily1 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    If you eat a lot of sodium and carbs that can cause bloating and holding on to water weight. Another possibility could be constipation.
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Hmm maybe you've lost weight from other parts of your body and not so much your belly, making it seem like your belly is stretching out more? Have you measured yourself?
  • dramisea
    Options
    I have. The only place I have lost inches is on my abdomen. I'll measure in the morning again
  • BodyzLanguage
    BodyzLanguage Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    dramisea wrote: »
    I have. The only place I have lost inches is on my abdomen. I'll measure in the morning again

Measure in the morning vs before bed. Then you'll know if it's bloating or not. However if it is bloating you should know because you can feel stomach discomfort to some degree. My guess is there's something in your diet that your stomach may not be agreeing with (If the problem is bloating).
  • mytotoro
    mytotoro Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try high fiber diet, low constipating foods
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    TOM?
  • RosieRose7673
    RosieRose7673 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    My belly bloats throughout the day. In the morning, it's just fine. By night, it looks distended.

It's not water weight for me, just the food throughout the day and it goes away when I wake up the next morning.

Is it your actual stomach puffing out? Can you suck it in at all? If not, I'm guessing just a food baby. You may have not noticed it before you lost weight. If it's legitimately water retention, I agree with others about cutting down on sodium.