On the go healthy meals and snacks? HELP!

2»

Replies

• margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    I used to do the 100 calorie packs, but then found I could get more for my money if I made my own packs!

Here is the recipe I use for my bread, but I cut all the sugar in 1/2, subbed unsweetened applesauce for the oil, used egg substitute and left out he coconut and walnuts (because I was out). Also I make them into muffins and they freeze really well!
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/caribbean-zucchini-bread/detail.aspx

And of course, now I've lost my train of thought on other ideas. but when they come back to me, I'll post! :)
    First of all, inverts in a big box of sandwhich size ziplocks, they will be your best friend!
    And second, here are some of my ideas but if you want any recipes let me know! I cook for myself, my husband and my baby and we all have different diet and taste needs so I have a wide array!
    Ideas:
    Fresh fruit- duh! But wash, prep and package into serving sizes at the start of the week.
    Hummus dip and veggies- doesn't usually need to be kept cold (an ice pack in the lunch box would do great)
    String cheese- ditto hummus
    Baby bell or laughing cow cheese on ricecakes (or kim's magic pop)
    Pb&j
    Boiled eggs
    Zucchini bread muffins- I have a great healthy version recipie
    Tuna- the bagged version works great for on the go, no draining or can opener needed
    Nuts- again, duh! But divide up and then take
    Raisins and other dried fruits- I really love the dried apple rings
    Beef jerky- if you have a dehydrator, homemade is awesome

I've got more ideas, but don't want to overload you! Hope this helps!

Thankks, that DOES help. I guess I can try to take a lunchbox and an icepack, duh!
    IF you have more, PLEASE share, you won't overload me. I seriously have no ideas. I would revert to peanut butter on celery and 100 cal packs (not really the calories i want to be getting!) I need all the help I can GET! LOL!
  • STR0NGisSEXY
    STR0NGisSEXY Posts: 128 Member
    thx! You rock :)
    I used to do the 100 calorie packs, but then found I could get more for my money if I made my own packs!

Here is the recipe I use for my bread, but I cut all the sugar in 1/2, subbed unsweetened applesauce for the oil, used egg substitute and left out he coconut and walnuts (because I was out). Also I make them into muffins and they freeze really well!
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/caribbean-zucchini-bread/detail.aspx

And of course, now I've lost my train of thought on other ideas. but when they come back to me, I'll post! :)
    First of all, inverts in a big box of sandwhich size ziplocks, they will be your best friend!
    And second, here are some of my ideas but if you want any recipes let me know! I cook for myself, my husband and my baby and we all have different diet and taste needs so I have a wide array!
    Ideas:
    Fresh fruit- duh! But wash, prep and package into serving sizes at the start of the week.
    Hummus dip and veggies- doesn't usually need to be kept cold (an ice pack in the lunch box would do great)
    String cheese- ditto hummus
    Baby bell or laughing cow cheese on ricecakes (or kim's magic pop)
    Pb&j
    Boiled eggs
    Zucchini bread muffins- I have a great healthy version recipie
    Tuna- the bagged version works great for on the go, no draining or can opener needed
    Nuts- again, duh! But divide up and then take
    Raisins and other dried fruits- I really love the dried apple rings
    Beef jerky- if you have a dehydrator, homemade is awesome

I've got more ideas, but don't want to overload you! Hope this helps!

Thankks, that DOES help. I guess I can try to take a lunchbox and an icepack, duh!
    IF you have more, PLEASE share, you won't overload me. I seriously have no ideas. I would revert to peanut butter on celery and 100 cal packs (not really the calories i want to be getting!) I need all the help I can GET! LOL!
This discussion has been closed.