Eating

Options
Can we eat whatever we want as long as we burn off the calories if we go over? I want to make cheese enchiladas for dinner. I put the ingredients in my recipe to tell me how many calories it would be but it said 24 calories for 1.. N i knw for sure that cant be true. HELP PLZ.. Its not easy dieting on a budget.. Especially when u dont really know how.

Replies

• battyfitch
    battyfitch Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Did you enter the right quantities in the recipe builder? Did you choose entries with accurate calorie counts? You could log the individual ingredients into the main diary, divide the total amount by the number of servings and then quick add the appropriate calories.

You can "earn" more calories for food by working out and logging it.
  • Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    24 calories is way off track. Just the tortilla by itself is at least 100 calories. Plug in all of your ingredients into recipe builder. If you're making 6, then the serving size is 6.
  • neashajr041314
    neashajr041314 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks gunna try the tips n see
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    battyfitch wrote: »
    Did you enter the right quantities in the recipe builder? Did you choose entries with accurate calorie counts? You could log the individual ingredients into the main diary, divide the total amount by the number of servings and then quick add the appropriate calories.

You can "earn" more calories for food by working out and logging it.

This. Also, sometimes the recipe builder can be wonky and add a totally different ingredient instead of the one you entered. Make sure you entered the right amount of servings, too. Sometimes when I add a recipe from a website, it can pick up a random number instead of the number of servings. If you work out to earn extra calories, aim to eat back around 50% as the mfp exercise database is off.

If you do go over, don't sweat it. It's just one day.
  • neashajr041314
    edited August 2016
    Options
    When i add an ingredient on the serving i put how many im using??
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,022 Member
    Options
    When i add an ingredient on the serving i put how many im using??

the total servings that you're using in the entire recipe
  • neashajr041314
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I dont get it..
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Use the USDA database of food. Copy and paste from that into the recipe builder. Remove the commas in the recipe builder. Then tell the recipe builder to match the foods. That's a pain to do but it does work. Keep at it because a cheese enchilada ought to be around 300 calories.