Anime, comics, gaming friends needed

Options
vladamisa
vladamisa Posts: 72 Member
So I love cosplaying anything and everything but problem is I'm not comfortable to do that with my body sooooo... gotta work on this I'm not saying I Wana look like a twig but I just Wana be fit. I need some motivation pretty much to make sure I log my stuff cuz I'm bad about that sometimes I can do the work just don't record and for food that's bad cause food is my problem. Feel free to add me I will do my best to check on friends as well and try to motivate too

Replies

• vladamisa
    Options
    I should also say this is the second go around for me I got down to where I wanted to be then had surgery and other issues and everything fell to the side so take 2 and this one's gonna stick
  • AGamingFantasy
    AGamingFantasy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Anime, check. Comics, check. Gaming, check. Multiple tv show and movie fandoms, yes. Books, YES. :)
  • vladamisa
    Options
    Totally forgot tv Fandom awesomesauce
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Anime, comics, gaming... yep, love all those things! Feel free to add me. I want to cosplay at comic con this year as River Song, so I'm hoping to trim down about ten pounds before then (Oct.). I log my food every day and have an open diary. Doesn't mean I eat perfectly every day though, but I do log even the bad days. :smiley:
  • vladamisa
    Options
    That's awesome, I haven't been to a comic con yet just local cons that's super exciting you can totally do it
  • ashbar9915
    ashbar9915 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm not really into anime, but all of the other things are a definite yes for me! Big nerd here lol! In fact one of my goals for weight loss is to look better for a supernatural convention I'm going to in January! I wanna look nice in my photo ops!
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I love to cosplay as Leia at the geek conventions around here - one of my main goals the first time around was to feel confident wearing her metal bikini. Finally accomplished it last Halloween before my second pregnancy stretched me out again! Also really into gaming (met my husband on WOW), but I've drifted away from anime beyond a few of my favorites. Feel free to add me :)
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    I am all of the above, and my current screen name is the costume I'm working on right now. So.. howdy!
  • AnthonyX150X
    AnthonyX150X Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'm not really into cosplay, but I have had a passion for anime for as long as I can remember.
  • vladamisa
    Options
    Awesome I like it all lol this is amazing I'm so excited to have more friends that love this world especially ones that want to be healthy
  • freddiepurrcury
    freddiepurrcury Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What a good thread! Anyone is welcome to add me as a support buddy - I could use a few more myself. I would love to be comfortable enough to do a cosplay someday too - but while I work I have time to decide and work on designs :)
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    YAS! All things geek please! Just got tix for our local comic con in September *stoked!*
    I've not dine cospay yet. I *almost* did once, but chickened out. I'm just shy -_-

I'm also an art student part time and hope to make some comics of my own one day!

And it would be cool to have similar peeps on this healthy train with me.

• wakes080
    wakes080 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Awesome, feel free to add me
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Well, I have never really done cosplay, although I did dress up like Ganondorf for a friend's birthday, and force him to beat me in ping pong before giving him his Triforce-shaped birthday cake. It was actually kind of hard because he isn't very good at ping pong.

Definitely like anime and gaming - tabletop, board, and video. Currently running through Phantom Brave PC - I'd never played it since the PS2 version. Was a big comics fan back in the day but haven't read in years now.
  • vladamisa
    Options
    Yays lots of new friends I went through and added everyone so far that wasn't already added. This is so exciting to have more friends with common interest
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    woo! yes! If you'd like to add me go for it! I love all of the above! Currently I am watching black butler. What's everyone else out there watching?
    My first Cosplay was Lulu from the FF series because of course I need a stupid intricate costume first! I still have it, and every time I move the box it's in I think "How did I wear this 50 lb dress for three days!?"
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    woo! yes! If you'd like to add me go for it! I love all of the above! Currently I am watching black butler. What's everyone else out there watching?
    My first Cosplay was Lulu from the FF series because of course I need a stupid intricate costume first! I still have it, and every time I move the box it's in I think "How did I wear this 50 lb dress for three days!?"

I've been working my way through Fairy Tail on Funimation, and I recently discovered Hunter x Hunter, so I've been DVRing those every Saturday. I also discovered Silver Spoon on Netflix, which I've been watching off and on - I have to be in the mood for subtitles since it's not dubbed.

Also, FF is wonderful! I'd cosplay as Lightning if I thought I could pull it off.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options

Hmm, currently I'm watching Diamond is Unbreakable (the fourth story arc in the JoJo manga/anime series - yes, it's dumb, but entertaining).

Also watching Illya season 3, mainly because I am a total sucker for anything in the Nasuverse. Finally it looks like a season with action in it again, and not just (somewhat creepy) fanservice.

The other new one I'm watching is Re: Zero, because for some reason I like to punish myself by watching anime that are good but incredibly hard to watch sometimes. Erased was another such one recently.

Haven't started to check out the new Danganronpa series that are coming out, but I enjoyed the first so I definitely plan to check out these as well.

Really looking forward to the anime adaptation of chaos;child whenever that comes out. If there's one thing that catches me even more than the Nasuverse, it's the "Science Adventure" series by 5pb/Nitroplus.
  • suddenosprey
    suddenosprey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new too! Definitely a geek, and I've done a little cosplay. I'm looking to get back in shape and improve my running-- because running makes me feel like a badass superhero! I just joined too and am looking for friends to keep me motivated.
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I love everything on this list!~ <3 Feel free to add me! :D
    About myself on those topics:
    Gaming: I play fighting games at the competitive level, those games include Street Fighter 5, KOF, and Tekken 6-7 etc. I'm not a pro or anything, but we do travel around the country for fighting game tournaments (and I may add, they have cosplayers at every one of them :p )
    I also play MMORPG's, my most constant one being Tera right now :)
    Anime: I'm only currently watching Re:Zero. I like anime, but I'm waaaay more into manga than anime!
    I started to pick up drawing anime/manga a few months ago and have been practicing since then. :o I look forward to having you guys as friends on here!