Can i wear this to a wedding???

Options
2»

Replies

• Plaid_jester44
    Plaid_jester44 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What the F&@k?!???! Don't you know that you DON'T wear white to a wedding? Can't you find a blue dress somewhere? Hell, even yellow??!
  • HomeRun1989
    HomeRun1989 Posts: 1 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Omg please don't listen to Plaid_jester44. That dress is absolutely gorgeous. I love the elegant ivory overlay and the prominent champagne tone makes it perfect for a summer wedding. I would love to see you in it. Please send pics from the wedding!!

[edited by staff]
  • jeanelljohnson70
    jeanelljohnson70 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That's gorgeous. .. yes yes
  • gwynethsomeday
    gwynethsomeday Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    What the F&@k?!???! Don't you know that you DON'T wear white to a wedding? Can't you find a blue dress somewhere? Hell, even yellow??!

lulz. OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • brooksullivan12
    brooksullivan12 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Oooh I love that! Wear it, you rock it! :)
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Don't wear white to a wedding? First of all that dress isn't white and looks fine....secondly, half the time the brides don't even wear white!
  • 44to44
    44to44 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    It's a beautiful dress and you look great in it, and most rational people will think it's perfectly appropriate for a wedding. That being said, I know more than one bride who is complaining to this day about that one hosebag who wore a dress they found too bride-like for their wedding --all dresses that were perfectly appropriate, like a printed dress with some white in it, or a light pastel that was somehow too close to white. So if you want to avoid any chance of angry whispers, irrational as they may be, I would probably choose a different one. (The fact that you're even asking tells me there's at least one crazy person out there who will lose their #^#$ if you wear it to their wedding.)
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    It's adorable! Go for it!
  • lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    i say yes! go for it. it's beautiful and it looks great on you! and it's not a granny dress, it's very classy!

**edit, i think you're safe with the white part of the dress. it's not bridal looking in my opinion. but i've never been a bride so take that opinion with a grain of salt lol*
  • drgmac
    drgmac Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Love!
  • Erika2011MaBelleFille
    Options
    It's a beautiful dress. I'd wear it.
  • tmharrison1985
    tmharrison1985 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    The question you should as is... If this was your wedding would you be upset if someone wore this? Personally I think it's a beautiful dress and you look great in it... Think how she might think ... Do you know the bride well? What color is her dress? I don't plan on wearing white to my wedding because I love the Champagne Colored Dresses with the White Lace.... So, I might me a little annoyed if someone was wearing the same color as me on my day. It really all depends on the color of the bride's dress and how well you know her to know whether or not it is appropriate.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    The question you should as is... If this was your wedding would you be upset if someone wore this? Personally I think it's a beautiful dress and you look great in it... Think how she might think ... Do you know the bride well? What color is her dress? I don't plan on wearing white to my wedding because I love the Champagne Colored Dresses with the White Lace.... So, I might me a little annoyed if someone was wearing the same color as me on my day. It really all depends on the color of the bride's dress and how well you know her to know whether or not it is appropriate.

Agree completely. This is exactly what I was thinking. It IS a pretty dress though and looks good on you!
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Just didn't know if the ivory lace overlay made it look like it was too white. Thanks!

It is a lovely dress & you look fantastic in it.

However, without the bride's approval, I would not wear that to a wedding. It looks a tad too bridal. The wrong person will think you are trying to steal her day. I wouldn't want the hassle, the drama or the snide looks you are likely to draw.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    44to44 wrote: »
    It's a beautiful dress and you look great in it, and most rational people will think it's perfectly appropriate for a wedding. That being said, I know more than one bride who is complaining to this day about that one hosebag who wore a dress they found too bride-like for their wedding --all dresses that were perfectly appropriate, like a printed dress with some white in it, or a light pastel that was somehow too close to white. So if you want to avoid any chance of angry whispers, irrational as they may be, I would probably choose a different one. (The fact that you're even asking tells me there's at least one crazy person out there who will lose their #^#$ if you wear it to their wedding.)

@44to44 is right. As pretty as it is, and as great as it looks on you, someone is going to talk some smack about you. And that sucks. But I've heard Bridezillas complain about it as well.
  • sbrandt37
    sbrandt37 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I have no opinion about appropriateness for a wedding, but it is not a white dress and it looks great on you and only so-so on the hanger, i.e., you make it look great. :smiley:
  • callmejessica
    callmejessica Posts: 1,868 Member
    Options
    Ya, why not?! You look great and wedding appropriate.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    I agree with tmharrison1985. It's a nice dress, but it doesn't really matter how we all feel about it. Are you friends with the bride? Do you think she would like it, go crazy or not even care?
  • Bucknutz247
    Bucknutz247 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Omg I almost wore that today..lol