Can't seem to stop!

Options
So i have this huge problem with getting hungry after dinner and eating late at night in front on the tv. The next day I feel horrible and regret it. What do I do???

Replies

• Haleymfp
    Haleymfp Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing. I've been trying to eat dinner later in the evening followed by A LOT of water. Still get cravings though. I let myself have a handful of almonds and eat them real slow haha
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Plan for something to eat after dinner. This might mean shaving off 100 calories from your lunch or dinner, but it will help keep you on track. I personally have to eat two times after dinner.
  • chels41292
    chels41292 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    They say that some of the reasons why we feel hungry is because we're actually thirsty. Maybe try to drink some water or snack on ice? Or snack on something that is very low in calories.
  • mysticatgal1
    mysticatgal1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I budget after dinner calories! Today I did a bad job and went over but it happens. Put it in your diary before it goes in your mouth if it helps. I look at everyday as having money. I save if I know there's something I want later.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I try to have my dinner later and go to bed earlier. Fatigue makes me want to eat more than anything else.
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Similar to the poster above me, when I feel like this, I just go to bed. Try it, it works :)
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    If you know you are going to eat after dinner, work around it and make extra calories in your day so that way you can afford those calories in after dinner!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Save calories back for your after dinner snack. I've always done that.
  • MarkusDarwath
    MarkusDarwath Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I will second the advice to plan for after-dinner calories. Also, how are your macros set? Many people find protein and fats to be more filling for longer than carbohydrates. A low carb diet might be a way to stave off hunger while staying in your calorie target.
  • NanaHussein
    NanaHussein Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I eat cereals after dinner.. ;)
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I wasn't able to kick my night eating so I save my calories for night now and don't stress. I gave up eating earlier when I'm not as hungry anyways. I eat a small to moderate lunch around 2-3pm and a big dinner around 7. I pretty much always have calories left for a snack or treat after dinner too if I want one.
  • BodyzLanguage
    BodyzLanguage Posts: 200 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    So i have this huge problem with getting hungry after dinner and eating late at night in front on the tv. The next day I feel horrible and regret it. What do I do???

If you don't feel hungry during the morning and you're eating just for the sake of eating, push your first meal back a few hours. That way you'll more calories left for the rest of the day. Secondly if you do eat after your last meal it can be another meal, it doesn't have to be a binge.
  • bclarke1990
    bclarke1990 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    If you're absolutely starving at night, eat 3 servings of broccoli, 4 servings of green beans, or something along that nature. 90 calories isn't going to break you, and you'll be stuffed while getting lots of nutrition in and fiber in.

It's painful to see people eat things like a dinner with 3g of fiber, super calorie-dense foods, "low cal ice cream sandwiches", and wonder why they're hungry several hours later