I'm new, excited to be here!

Options
Just had my 2nd baby in November, wanted to get this baby weight off and then some! Since January, after my 6 week postpartum dr approval, I've lost 25 elle bees!! I've been doing great by eating much better and exercising. I found my new favorite workout to be ZUMBA and have a great instructor that motivates and supports me along my journey. Of course the last 6 months have had it's ups and downs...I have a 2 1/2 year old and my 7 month old infant that often know how to push my buttons, making me feel the urge to scarf down an entire bag of chocolate chips, or eat the whole container of Ben & Jerry's...many times giving in to the urge!! In reality I've probably lost over 40 pounds because I'll gain and lose, gain and lose. But since I've come so far along with my weight loss I cannot let myself give up, or even think my 25 pound weight loss is enough. For me to be in a healthy BMI range I need to lose 20 more pounds. So I've enlisted in MFP to truly be my "pal" along the way! So far so good, lost 3 pounds in 3 days! I'm doing it all healty (gotta keep my milk supply, TMI I know!!) Here's to great success!

Replies

• Shannon1023
    Shannon1023 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! MFP is awesome and I'm sure you will love it! I too am working off my "baby weight" but my baby is 2! Lol! :)
  • HSmamato4
    HSmamato4 Posts: 70
    Options
    As one nursing mother to another, don't forget to add in your nursing calories. Feel free to friend me! Welcome and I wish you well!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • Indy_mom
    Indy_mom Posts: 15
    Options
    Good luck with losing the rest of your baby weight, i'm sure it will be off in no time! It takes a while, but is so worth it.

ps. I also have two little ones and have been known to eat chocolate chips straight from the bag :)
  • rowenadm
    rowenadm Posts: 5
    Options
    Good Luck! :smile:
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Welcome welcome, lamichwa, What a great site this is!
    There are loads of really friendly people from all over the world,, all with loads of great advice.
    I'm Fionat29 on here and MiniMins which is another great site. If you want to be "friends" just ask. Lol! :flowerforyou:
  • laurabarrett79
    laurabarrett79 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yes, thank you ladies! I love having fellow mothers out there that can share the thoughts, frustrations, success, and milestones! I have been concious of my extra calories to keep my milk supply, I usually add about 300 calories to my day. Now that my baby is eating more "solid" foods and doesn't nurse as often I figured that 300 is a good amount. I'm pretty sure that she's getting the healthy milk too, last month for her 6 month check-up she weighed in at a whopping 19.5 pounds, and in the 90th percentile!! If you have any other suggestions or thoughts, let me know:)
  • bwdower
    bwdower Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!!! =)
  • HSmamato4
    HSmamato4 Posts: 70
    Options
    You can track breastfeeding calories by simply typing in "breastfeeding" into the database when you are tracking your food. There are several different options. The one that says "Breastfeeding an older baby" will add 300 calories to your total daily intake. My son is almost 15 mos old and still nursing but usually only first thing in the morning and before naps/bedtimes so that's the one I use.
  • laurabarrett79
    laurabarrett79 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Great! Thank you for the info, I had no idea. I'll try that out.
  • rknight765
    rknight765 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    So am I so nice to know i'm not the only one lol!