HOME WORKOUTS

Options
How many of you workout at home? I do beachbody workouts I ve completed....P90X....P90X+..... Insanity..... bodybeast..... currently doing Hammer and Chisel.....do elliptical 3 days a week......GOTTA LOVE IT

Replies

• ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I work out at home, but not to DVDs. I tried a lot of them, but I'm just not made for it. I have weight equipment in my garage.
  • jhnbwh
    jhnbwh Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    The DVDS work for me because there is a end a finish line ..... I'll complete one and start another.....plus I live so far out in the boonies going to the gym after a twelve hour shift is not likely......BEAST UP
  • Sandysphat
    Sandysphat Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I do T25 at work, an trying to eat right, I'll see where that takes me .
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I don't work out at home very often. When I do I usually do intervals of running one mile, then do an arm/ab routine in the yard, 3-4 miles run and 3 sets of the strength routine. I hate dvd's/videos, unless it's yoga. Or I just run 3-4 miles straight. But I'm normally at the gym.
  • pikselinka
    pikselinka Posts: 154 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Used to work out at gym years ago, now days it's only home workouts for me, I doubt it's going to change. When I am alone or with my bf I can focus on myself during this time, and really push myself.

I workout either from Youtube or DVD videos, and some of my own when I find fancy :)
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    The best I've managed at home is walking after dinner & some calisthenics. We have some weights in the basement & I own a yoga mat. It's nice to know that I have the option but I feel more motivated at the gym.
  • walpy27
    walpy27 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I wish I had a full garage gym.. maybe some day! But for now, the gym 3 miles down the road works. As for the DVD's - they've never been my thing, find them awkward.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    90% of what I do is at home. Bodyweight & DVRT sandbags for both strength & conditioning.
  • Muppyooh
    Muppyooh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Sandysphat wrote: »
    I do T25 at work, an trying to eat right, I'll see where that takes me .

How are you liking it? I've started and stopped a couple times. I just can't seem to do it.
  • camoballerina91
    camoballerina91 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm more comfortable working out at home, besides the gyms in my area are just too expensive.
  • janettles
    janettles Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am more consistent when I work out at home. I recently completed Gilad's 12-week progressive Quick Fit System. I especially appreciate video trainers who include schedules with their videos so I can be assured of working all major muscle systems in a balanced way.
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I like the Tony Horton products did the original Power 90 10 minute trainer P90x and the new version of Power 90. I definitely noticed the change and muscle tone flexibility coordination for me it's been a positive experience.

My only recommendation would be they say you can do the workouts with one or two power bands but I have a wide range of about 10 of them of different resistances Christie pending on the moves you're doing you do need the varied resistance.
  • AliciaBerries
    AliciaBerries Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I've done 21 day fix, body revolution and I'm almost finished with t25 beta. I like marking each workout off on the calendar after its completed. Going to the gym would be hard for me but I can complete my workout and shower while my baby naps.
  • ljread1
    ljread1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I downloaded the ICG training spin bike app, made my own workouts to my favourite rock music and do 40 mins 3/4 x a week along with sticking to 1450 cals using MFP. I've lost 1st 3lb in 12 weeks and almost a dress size and I feel much better and happier for a good while after I've exercised, thank goodness for the hints and tips on this app!
  • wdunnett1
    wdunnett1 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I'm in the process of putting together a home gym to have my little man cave/gym
  • Brieyonce
    Brieyonce Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I also use Beachbody programs - currently doing the new Country Heat...
    I have T25, Turbofire, P90X3, 22 Min Hard Corps, 21 Day Fix, and Cize.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I only work out at home.

I have a complete Olympic weightlifting setup in my garage, a spin bike and rower in the house and a power sled, battle ropes and a 200# tractor tire that I flip & hit w/a sledge hammer in the backyard.

Don't really need much else but I'm always looking for more toys. :)