200 pounds off in 23 months....

Options
justcindy59
justcindy59 Posts: 904 Member
August 2nd I reached a new milestone of 200 pounds off. I have had a hard time sharing my progress but I really wanted to share a most heart felt post my daughter shared about me on facebook. I feel so loved at this moment.

"Today we are celebrating my mom Cindy Bailey! Please celebrate her with us. . .In the last two years, from pure effort, self respect, determination and healthy lifestyle change she has managed to lose 200 pounds! This has been a blessing for her and our family! Two years ago it wasn't an option for her to come to her granddaughters' hockey games, softball games or even out to a movie with us. Two years ago she would not have been able to scour the beach for shells with the girls or walk miles with us through trails at State Parks!! Certainly, she would not have been climbing to the top of a tree house with her granddaughters or riding the tilt a whirl at the fair with her grandsons! The memories we are making!! Mom - you can't imagine how unbelievably proud we are of you and how happy we are for your strength to continue on this path of healthy living! Today we celebrate all of your hard work! Know that we are always your biggest supporters! Elated for you mom! Cheers to the new you and your new life!!"

I wish I knew how to post pictures on here but I don't. If you are a friend though I have pictures on my home page. I don't take good pictures because I'm so insecure and nervous about a camera in my face. I want to say thank you to every one who has supported me through the months and a huge thanks to the people who do such an awesome job posting their success. You are the ones that have inspired me.

Age 61, height 4' 10"

SW - 362
CW - 162
GW - 135
AGW - 120

Replies

• pandahead76
    pandahead76 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    That's so inspiring!
  • christareid28
    christareid28 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    So inspirational
  • lapierrecyclist
    lapierrecyclist Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you've worked hard for this! Loved the post by your daughter! And thanks for the inspiration.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    OH dear, your daughter's post brought a tear to my eyes.

Being a 62yo nana myself I know just how much you are enjoying spending time with your grandchildren now you are able to be more active.

<3
    Cheers, h.
  • JosieGirl1976
    JosieGirl1976 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's awesome! Love your daughter's post. Congratulations!
  • jbatinker
    jbatinker Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Your daughters post was beautiful. Great job on your weight loss and healthier life style.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
    Everything about your story is inspiring and beautiful!
    Very well done!
  • akern1987
    akern1987 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    You are truly lucky, to have the will to do what you've done, it's really inspiring. Congratulations on your weight-loss success, and on the love and admiration from your clearly growing family. They'll be grateful for the memories your newfound health will allow them to create, you have no idea. I lost my mother last year and it pains me everyday that she won't be there when I get married and have kids, that she wasnt able to play with my brothers children while she was here and I know it pained her too. Her weight kept her from being able to fight illness and then it was too late....health is so important especially as we age and you have reversed the clock. Congrats again <3
  • edugan001
    edugan001 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Amazing Job!
  • BodyzLanguage
    BodyzLanguage Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    That's some effort. Well done man. That was probably more mentally taxing then it was physical.
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Cindy, you're a bad-*kitten*.
  • lesaw01
    lesaw01 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your great loss!! I love your daughter's facebook post. It is wonderful when your children realize and are proud of all the hard work you have put in.
  • shrinkinsista1
    shrinkinsista1 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Your story is so inspiring!
    Congrats on a well deserved achievement!
    You rock!!!
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    That was beautiful.
  • ontherightpath14
    ontherightpath14 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Cindy! This is so amazing and I hope you see it that way too! Congratulations on your success on this journey. I have 100 pounds to lose and just looking at that number makes me want to give up. But if you can lose 200 I can lose 100. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • SweetP27
    SweetP27 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Your story touched my heart! I am at the beginning of this journey and hope to be where you are eventually. I want to make awesome memories with my grandbabies!!
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You put in the work and it's paid off big time! Kudos!!
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Cindy! I'm so happy to hear that you and your family are making wonderful memories thanks to your hard work and desire to be a healthier version of yourself. Keep it up, you are amazing!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!