Need breakfast help!

tararooksby
tararooksby Posts: 15 Member
My trainer has me on a cut where my breakfast macros are 3 oz protein/2 cups veggies/0 g fat/0 g carbs. Help! I cannot find an option that isn't gross. Tried a power greens casserole with egg whites=blech! Any ideas are greatly appreciated! I'm not a natural savory breakfast person.

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Black beans, tomatoes, corn, and 2 -3 eggs.
  • cee134
    FYI, your trainer is probably not a nutritionist, carbs are healthy, but if it's a thing, then look into Tim Ferris' slow carb breakfasts. They are low carb and high protein.
  • cee134
    edited August 2016
    Also, you can't do any meat and have it 0 g fat. I would not take diet advice from your trainer. He/She shouldn't be giving you advice on eating anyway, unless he/she is a certified nutritionist.
  • cee134
    And... there are carbs in vegetables. But they are good carbs and your body needs carbs to live. Does your trainer mean from bread and sugar?
  • jonathanmcole
    jonathanmcole Posts: 1 Member
    I love eggs and asparagus for breakfast. Parboil asparagus for 3-4 minutes. Drain and dry. Toss in 1/2 tbsp butter, pinch of kosher salt and black pepper. Top with 1 or 2 poached eggs (or eggs fried in cooking oil spray sunny side up).
  • tararooksby
    It's no additional carbs or fat outside the protein and veggies. So for instance the fat in ham doesn't count. But having an egg yolk would since that's possible. I guess I'm looking for some ingredient and spice combos that aren't gross.
    This is only for breakfast and lunch on training days. Not all day long.
  • cee134
    I would say an omelet but if you can't eat eggs then it sounds like a salad or vegetable stir fry (no oil) would work.
  • tararooksby
    Egg whites only.
  • DarleneOnTrack
    DarleneOnTrack Posts: 12 Member
    I used to cook my egg whites in a skillet like I would a whole egg. It was pretty bland and the texture was weird to me. I have found I prefer the egg whites boiled over cooked. Once they are boiled I just take the yoke out and cut up the boiled egg whites. (I eat like 4 of them at a time) I will either eat them plain or I will put them in a skillet with whatever veggi ingredients I am in the mood for. I love mixing it with the veggies and garlic power with a little bit of salt and pepper. I'm not sure what kind of veggie you like, but I personally love it with garlic, onions, tomatoes, and cilantro.

I'm not sure if this sounds good to you or not, but just thought I would share. I have been doing a diet very similar to what you were talking about. The egg whites are really helpful cause there is no fat. cholesterol, carbs and it's really really high in protein :)