snack ideas

Options
What is a good snack to have that will keep me full for a long period of time, I am always hunger while l'm at work.

Replies

• CNYKrista
    CNYKrista Posts: 61
    Options
    Popcorn.
  • funayman
    funayman Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    almonds
  • lcoreo5
    lcoreo5 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt is a great option. my favorite is the chobani black cherry!
  • BohemianDestiny
    BohemianDestiny Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    While they're slightly high calorie, I love raw almonds. A serving of those keeps me satisfied for awhile. Also try low-fat graham crackers with natural peanut butter. Those are amazingly filling. I don't know what you can take with you to work, but I also love pita bread and hummus. If you slice a piece of pita up into a bunch of triangles and dip them in hummus its amazing. I love it.

Then of course there's always raw petite or baby carrots, celery and peanut butter, and sugar snap peas. Sugar snaps are my fave because I ate a whole bag one time and was so full, and it was only like 100 and some odd calories. It was awesome. Hope this helps!
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Fiber One bars...they do the trick :happy:
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    cucumber...so much and so few calories...
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    protein works for me.
  • BeautyCrys
    BeautyCrys Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Maybe a Fiber One treat and a glass of water, or some wheat bread/bagel and peanut butter. YUM!
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
  • Bretto
    Bretto Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I like apples and peanut butter. Or sometimes a few crackers with a cheese stick. I always try to drink 24 oz of water with my snacks. This helps keep me full.

I also like the drink "define 8". I buy it at Max Muscle. It helps a ton with my snacking. There are alot of flavors so you can find one you like. Most max Muscle stores will let you try before you buy.
  • nygiantschick
    nygiantschick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I keep trail mix that I make with almonds, dried cranberries, fiber cereal flakes, and dried apricots.
  • kate_newlifestyle
    Options
    Greek Yogurt plain
    Cottage cheese with no salt added + some fruits
    Nuts
    Whole wheat cereal
    Apple with Peanut Butter
  • Strive2BLean
    Strive2BLean Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    All of the above ideas is what I would suggest EXCEPT Fiber One bars. They taste fine but they will make you toot like a french horn! and we can't have that at work now can we? lol:noway:
  • ritafay2011
    Options
    Grapes and nuts do it for me or kashi bars!!! good luck************:))))
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    If sodium isn't an issue for you... 1 ounce of beef jerky. Low cals, high protein, and add a glass of water and it keeps you feeling full for a long time. If you have access to a freezer try the Yasso frozen greek yogurt bars.