Need breakfast help!

Options
tararooksby
tararooksby Posts: 15 Member
My trainer has me on a cut where my breakfast macros are 3 oz protein/2 cups veggies/0 g fat/0 g carbs. Help! I cannot find an option that isn't gross. Tried a power greens casserole with egg whites=blech! Any ideas are greatly appreciated! I'm not a natural savory breakfast person.

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Black beans, tomatoes, corn, and 2 -3 eggs.
  • cee134
    Options
    FYI, your trainer is probably not a nutritionist, carbs are healthy, but if it's a thing, then look into Tim Ferris' slow carb breakfasts. They are low carb and high protein.
  • cee134
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Also, you can't do any meat and have it 0 g fat. I would not take diet advice from your trainer. He/She shouldn't be giving you advice on eating anyway, unless he/she is a certified nutritionist.
  • cee134
    Options
    And... there are carbs in vegetables. But they are good carbs and your body needs carbs to live. Does your trainer mean from bread and sugar?
  • jonathanmcole
    jonathanmcole Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love eggs and asparagus for breakfast. Parboil asparagus for 3-4 minutes. Drain and dry. Toss in 1/2 tbsp butter, pinch of kosher salt and black pepper. Top with 1 or 2 poached eggs (or eggs fried in cooking oil spray sunny side up).
  • tararooksby
    Options
    It's no additional carbs or fat outside the protein and veggies. So for instance the fat in ham doesn't count. But having an egg yolk would since that's possible. I guess I'm looking for some ingredient and spice combos that aren't gross.
    This is only for breakfast and lunch on training days. Not all day long.
  • cee134
    Options
    I would say an omelet but if you can't eat eggs then it sounds like a salad or vegetable stir fry (no oil) would work.
  • tararooksby
    Options
    Egg whites only.
  • DarleneOnTrack
    DarleneOnTrack Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I used to cook my egg whites in a skillet like I would a whole egg. It was pretty bland and the texture was weird to me. I have found I prefer the egg whites boiled over cooked. Once they are boiled I just take the yoke out and cut up the boiled egg whites. (I eat like 4 of them at a time) I will either eat them plain or I will put them in a skillet with whatever veggi ingredients I am in the mood for. I love mixing it with the veggies and garlic power with a little bit of salt and pepper. I'm not sure what kind of veggie you like, but I personally love it with garlic, onions, tomatoes, and cilantro.

I'm not sure if this sounds good to you or not, but just thought I would share. I have been doing a diet very similar to what you were talking about. The egg whites are really helpful cause there is no fat. cholesterol, carbs and it's really really high in protein :)