Over ate late at night

Options
It's so hot today. I did bad late last night. I over ate. Now i see the scale today. I'm mad at myself. Need yo control my bad habits.

Replies

• Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Yes ... I wrote on a thread one time about my scale and my food intake not being in sync ... it seemed like what I ate the day before didn't get reflected the next morning the way I expected it to ... and several other posters told me that weight loss doesn't work like that ... that it takes a period of time for our weight to reflect the TREND of what we are eating .... so ... don't stress too much over last night, just do better tonight, and tomorow nights going forwars.
  • st476
    st476 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    So did I, I had 3000 calories yesterday. I'm making up for it by eating less the next couple days, which a lot of people say not to do because it could start a binge/starve cycle but I think if you can handle it then it's best not to mess up the weekly deficit. If you don't want to do that, then just know that you won't gain weight if you're in a deficit the rest of the week. You will lose a bit less this week or maintain if you really ate that much but that's the worst that could happen. Any weight you gain will just be water weight. It happens :)
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    No worries, overeating will cause the scale to temporarily make it look like you have gained weight, but I promise you, unless you ate over 5,000 calories, your weight will return to normal once all that sodium is flushed outta your system!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,042 Member
    Options
    This thing is a process. Sometimes it's one step forward, two steps back. Sometimes the other way round.

I Just log everything I ate and move on. We all have days of over eating and it isn't going to stop weight loss, it just slows it down. The one thing I do no matter what is log it, though. Accountability to myself and good record keeping have both been key parts of my 70 pound weight loss and I've been able to maintain that loss for the last 8-9 years.
  • joestop74
    joestop74 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That's alright, today's a brand new day. You get another chance!
  • queensamearh
    queensamearh Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank everybody for your comments. I need to hear that. I sometimes mess up at night time. It's always so hard not to eat a snack. But I'm doing it.
  • kenyainez
    kenyainez Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    First, the baby in your profile photo is soooooooooo beautiful. <3<3<3<3
    "Bad" days will come. None of us (well maybe a few) are so iron clad that we never have one cheat day. I'm from New Orleans, there's crawfish boils, bbqs, family gatherings, and get togethers just because every weekend. Today is a new day with new focus and a new chance. Take it by the horns and keep pushin'.
  • saramichelle89
    saramichelle89 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Its helpful to figure out what triggers the need to eat at night to pin point the problem and stop it from continuing. I struggle with eating snacks/sweets and have bad cravings at night. But because I am mindful of that I know that when it happens, I am just eating it out of boredom. Instead I have switched to sugar free bubblegum (specifially Trident) and it works wonders! You can always try and find something that is healthy to replace those things.

Also if you set yourself up throughout the day you should be good to go on avoiding that situation. So for instance if you eat small meals about 5-6x a day you shouldnt be "hungry" at night.

Hope this helps! Hang in there. Staying on track is tough, but doable. Dont beat yourself up about it. xx