5'6" ladies... What is your goal?

Options
123457»

Replies

• buckleten
    buckleten Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I am currently around 145, and aiming for 135. I look fine at 140 but would like that 5lb buffer!
  • brittnotshy
    brittnotshy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm just barely under 5'6" and my weight currently fluctuates between 145-150 lb (65.5 - 68 kg). I'd like to get down to a toned 130 - 135 lb (59 - 61 kg). :)
  • KKHKISHZKH
    KKHKISHZKH Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 143lb aiming for about 135. My heaviest weight was 184 in 2012 and my lowest was 122 when I was 18. I've been trying for a year to break through that 140 barrier but keep fluctuating between 142 and 145. :(
  • msalicia116
    msalicia116 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Cyndiaquino
    Cyndiaquino Posts: 72 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I started MyFitnessPal at 212 lbs. I'm now 144 lbs, I've lost 68 lbs. I want to be 140, but seeing my stomach still has some fat, I think 130 might become my new goal.

Edit to add:
    I'm 5'6.
    I'm currently in a US size 4 jeans, and Medium tops.
  • Pam_1965
    Pam_1965 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Awesome job @Cyndiaquino!
    I understand about the belly fat. I started at 220 and am down to 145. I never thought I would see that number again. I, too, want to get down to 130 because of my stupid belly. 145 was my original goal. I also wear size 4 pants and medium tops. A breast reduction (insurance paid) helped with the top size!
  • tjones0411
    tjones0411 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and currently at 127 pounds (started at 146). I originally thought I wanted to be down to 125, but am really happy where I am now. I started lifting a few months ago and although the number on the scale hasn't moved much, the change in my body is very apparent.
  • Cyndiaquino
    Options
    Pam_1965 wrote: »
    Awesome job @Cyndiaquino!
    I understand about the belly fat. I started at 220 and am down to 145. I never thought I would see that number again. I, too, want to get down to 130 because of my stupid belly. 145 was my original goal. I also wear size 4 pants and medium tops. A breast reduction (insurance paid) helped with the top size!

Way to go!!! That's awesome!
    Oh, wow, how did you get your insurance to pay for a breast reduction?
  • Pam_1965
    Pam_1965 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    @Cyndiaquino
    The insurance companies have a ratio that determines whether or not a breast reduction is a medical necessity. The first step is to get into your regular medical charts that your large breasts cause you issues, such as neck or back pain, yeast infections under the band, not being able to exercise because of the weight of them, etc. A plastic surgeon will measure your breasts and record your body weight, and if there is a big enough difference then voila! A case is made. A breast lift is also included! It is amazing. I was a 40G and am now a 34 B/C. I did lose more weight after my surgery, so some of the size reduction was because of me. But at the time of surgery I weighed 155 and was still huge!!
  • LauraCoth
    LauraCoth Posts: 303 Member
    Options

Btw, everyone has the same bones. No "heavier bones" or "small bones". Google 'body fat scans' where you can see the skeleton.

I can't see how this can be true. Our body size is, at its base, determined by our bones. Some people are tall, some short, some wide, some narrow.

My male partner has MUCH bigger bones than I do. My mother has much bigger wrist bones than I do, even though she is slender -- bracelets that fit me don't fit her. My slender older sister has wider shoulder bones than I have. One of my friends has wider hip bones than I have. My ring size on my middle finger is 4, which is far smaller than anyone else in my family.

• llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    5'6", age 62 in 6 days. I have finally learned to pick a realistic weight goal. A goal I can maintain and still go out to eat and eat some of my favorite foods. I am at goal now. 155-160. I started at 198 pounds last November 2015. It was a long 9 months of losing the weight. I walk 3x week (80 minutes each walk, 4.3 miles). My walks give me an extra 450 calories to eat.

I also set a rule for myself and that is never weigh over 200 pounds. This might be the 3rd time at 198...lol. I have learned a lot in the last 9 months and I finally believe I can maintain my weight now. And, that big lesson was to keep checking into MFP, log my weight, stay within my goal weight range, continue my walking, and stay within my calorie range for the day.

• Cyndiaquino
    Options
    Pam_1965 wrote: »
    @Cyndiaquino
    The insurance companies have a ratio that determines whether or not a breast reduction is a medical necessity. The first step is to get into your regular medical charts that your large breasts cause you issues, such as neck or back pain, yeast infections under the band, not being able to exercise because of the weight of them, etc. A plastic surgeon will measure your breasts and record your body weight, and if there is a big enough difference then voila! A case is made. A breast lift is also included! It is amazing. I was a 40G and am now a 34 B/C. I did lose more weight after my surgery, so some of the size reduction was because of me. But at the time of surgery I weighed 155 and was still huge!!

Thank you for responding, and giving me this information. I have always had back and neck issues, even before gaining weight. At my highest weight I was a 40H. I'm now a 36 DD/ DDD. My breast tissue isn't the same. I thought breastfeeding my son would have changed them, nope, weight loss has. I would love to get them even smaller. I'm definitely going to talk to my doctor. Thank you again.