Bump in the road

Options
So my weigh in yesterday was the same as the day before and today's was back up half a pound. I am feeling like I am failing. Anyone who can give me some encouragement I would appreciate. It is moments like these that make me fall off the wagon and start gaining all the weight I recently lost.

Replies

• kharve09
    kharve09 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This happens to me all the time. BUT don't give up! I got frustrated last year and gave up on trying to lose weight, thinking I could just do it casually on my own. Well last week I finally got on the scale again and i gained back the the ten pounds that I lost last year. That's such a crappy feeling. Not to mention, now that I'm eating healthier again and trying to be more active, I honestly feel so much better and happier - and I'll bet that you feel that way too. So don't get discouraged by a stupid number on the scale; if your body is telling you that it's happier with the changes you've been making, keep at it and the numbers will eventually go down.
  • April4th
    April4th Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Oh, this happens to me a lot! I lose a pound or two (and get happy!) and then it bounces back up a pound or so and just stays there for what seems like forever. I admit that it's frustrating.

But I'm working hard at convincing myself that I'm not actually failing. Regardless of what that darn scale is saying, I'm still eating better and I'm still working out...and I definitely feeling better.
  • tofuligan
    tofuligan Posts: 45 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Your body weight fluctuates immensely! If you're dehydrated, extremely hydrated, "backed up," have or haven't eaten, have or haven't exercised, menstruating, etc, your body can fluctuate quite a bit in a few hours or a few days. I strongly recommend weighing yourself weekly, or at least only comparing weekly averages. Also, weighing at the same time every day under the same conditions helps quite a bit.

Lastly, a pound lost is a 3500k deficit. Even if you somehow managed a 1000k deficit in a day, it'll take 3.5 days to lose a pound!
  • bernibuckley
    bernibuckley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is what I always keep in mind too! Saying that I have stayed within or slightly under my calories for the last two weeks and I have still stayed the same!! That's why I cam to the 'community' - to keep me on track. So thank you for posting - it has refocused me. Good luck with your journey too xx