Dinner ideas

Options
Any good ideas for dinner tonight? I have about 1000 cals available and wanted to keep it under 1500 mg for sodium, trying to find something new and tasty!

Replies

• jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I love to take chicken tenderloins or breast , squash, mushrooms and asparagus and a little of the Philadelphia cream cheese savory garlic or you can use the garlic and herb kind both are great! mix that together and you can serve over whole grain noodles or brown rice. Low cal, high protein and delicious! sodium isnt very high either! .
  • wachter66
    wachter66 Posts: 11
    Options
    Are you looking to buy supper at a restaurant or take out or are you looking to make supper? If you are making supper and you have these ingredients on hand this is very quick and easy: Steamed white or brown rice, frozen snow peas and chicken or beef strips. Brown the meat add enough water to cook the snow peas, add boullion for flavor or a vinagrette type dressing for flavor. Bring to boil for a few minutes and when the snow peas are just right add in the already cooked rice. Had this last night for supper and it took maybe 10-15 minutes tops. Of course I had frozen snow peas on hand and a small container of left over chinese steamed white rice. All I had to do was cut the frozen meat into strips, fry and add remaining ingredients. Hope this helps.