Why are some people so stuipid?

Options
cee134
cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
Like how I misspelled stupid?

Now that your in here (probably because you wanted to tell me I was stupid for misspelling stupid) feel free to complain about stupid people that you encountered recently.

Please leave off any MFP members. Lets keep this civil.

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Don't even want to get me started on stupid people. Not to be unkind the world, but I think the masses are stupid and walking around with NOT one lick of common sense.. :(

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    The k aworld at large is becoming more and more stupid by the day. The lack of ability of many to have any kind of rational, analytical thought process is astounding to me.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    It's medicine and science, modern developments keep so many alive that are poorly equipped for life.
  • kate141987
    kate141987 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Iv met and know lots of stupid people but I try my best not to judge them harshly cos I don't understand why they are so seemingly stupid. It only bothers me when they're stupidity affects me which is why I try my best to avoid them, cos you can't argue with stupid.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Think of how "Dim-witted" the average person is.

Then realize that 1/2 of them are worse than that.

But the same reason I wonder why there are warning labels on everything. Remove the labels and let mother nature work it out.
  • hollygirl101
    hollygirl101 Posts: 93 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

Now that your in here (probably because you wanted to tell me I was stupid for misspelling stupid) feel free to complain about stupid people that you encountered recently.

Can I just point out that this is the wrong form of your/you're? ;)

But seriously, stupidity is rampant. All the "protecting us from ourselves" is getting in the way of natural selection.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

Can I just point out that this is the wrong form of your/you're? ;)

But seriously, stupidity is rampant. All the "protecting us from ourselves" is getting in the way of natural selection.

DOH!

Proof reading, my old nemesis.... one day I will be free from the need of you.
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    Just remember that person you see as stupid may appear as a scholar to others.
    veamawy9e7qa.png
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Not on here, but so many anti Vaccine people. Explained how the autism vaccine link was started and all I got was a blank look. She told me I couldn't give him caramel because he could get botulinum from it and since he wasn't vaccinated for it he would be sicker than those who've had it.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    because people do not have their own minds

also people confuse formal education with intelligence
  • mdonsbach
    mdonsbach Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    No ma'am your cart isn't in the middle of the aisle where no one can get through.
    No sir your turn signal only should be used while in the middle of the turn.
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    Perhaps it is just being lazy, having no manners or just being tactless on the part of "doing stupid things".

But I personally know authentic "stupid" people.. no lie. :#
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    Options
    You can give someone a hundred text books and they could pass tests on all the books provided .
    The problem is the text books are a bunch of crap to begin with .
    One's education is only as good as the material they are given to study .
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    My brother in law has a PHD and spent I can't tell you how many years in college, and he truly is "with stupid". ps I am not saying anything that I would not say to his face. LOL :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Yesterday in the gym. Guy loads up 12 45's on the leg press, does 3 sets of curtsy's, then tries to walk out the door before unracking them. Of course I let him know before he leaves that he kindly unloads and reracks the weights he left on the sled. His response "All of them?"

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Wow.

There really are no words.
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Yesterday in the gym. Guy loads up 12 45's on the leg press, does 3 sets of curtsy's, then tries to walk out the door before unracking them. Of course I let him know before he leaves that he kindly unloads and reracks the weights he left on the sled. His response "All of them?"

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

this goes back to lack of manners, laziness or having no tact.
  • RoxieDawn
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Villae81 wrote: »
    I think you guys are mixing book smart and common sense together.

I am certainly not. I am only a little book smart but loaded with common sense. So the common sense can see common sense or lack there of. :)

edited..before I exit, common sense can even fake book smarts, that's the beauty of common sense..