Just started yesterday!

Options
This isn't the first thing I have tried to lose weight, but hopefully it's the last!!! I would really appreciate some exercise tips, healthy eating tips, and how to stay with this program tips! Lol

Replies

• slimdownmike
    Options
    Welcome, there's some really great support here... Just log everything and hang in there! Best of luck.

Feel free to add me as a friend.

Mike
  • sche1amy
    sche1amy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! And welcome to a healthier you!
  • coachligia
    coachligia Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi girl,

WELCOME to MFP!!! I LOVE this place, lots of positive minds!!! This really helps me keep accountable to my nutrition! Are you using any fitness programs, or meal replacements?!?

What is your goal?!?

You are definitely at a great place!!!
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Welcome, this site is great for picking up hints and tips. For example, your picture, did you know you're supposed to have one leg over each side of the horse and facing front? LOL!! Only kidding! I love this place, very friendly people and if you've any questions they're usually answered pretty darn quickly. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • karlajohnson123
    karlajohnson123 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    WElcome to this site. I second what they have already said! Log in everything-even your water. It is statistically proven that you lose more weight when you have others to keep you accountable (that is where all of us come in-feel free to add me) and you journal everything you eat.
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Hi girl,

WELCOME to MFP!!! I LOVE this place, lots of positive minds!!! This really helps me keep accountable to my nutrition! Are you using any fitness programs, or meal replacements?!?

What is your goal?!?

You are definitely at a great place!!!

Hi, I've just noticed your ticker. Well done! What a fantastic weight loss!
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! Welcome! Exercising, just do what you enjoy! Make sure that while you're doing it, it isn't a drag. It is easier to keep motivated that way. For instance, I love bike riding and jogging outdoors, but HATE gym machines, especially elliptical. Everyone finds their own niche. However, to make another point, you should mix it up from time to time because your body will get used to a certain workout routine, and you might find yourself stuck in a rut. As far as healthy eating, my best advice is don't deprive yourself of what you want to eat, but make sure you limit your proportions. Stick to your calorie goal! That's why the site is so helpful :) Sticking with it is easier when you have a ton of motivational buddies!! So, feel free to add me! :):):)
  • AshleyDanielleHampton
    Options
    My goal so far is 130 lbs! Thats 49 lbs from what I am now! I really hope I can do it because that would be awesome!
  • melinda6569
    melinda6569 Posts: 124
    Options
    Just be honest with your logs..you will do well! Feel free to add me as a friend! And welcome to the MFP Family :smile:
  • gothicprophet
    Options
    This isn't the first thing I have tried to lose weight, but hopefully it's the last!!! I would really appreciate some exercise tips, healthy eating tips, and how to stay with this program tips! Lol

Welcome to MFP! This site is a treasure trove of information - so much so that it can be a little intimidating at first!

I've only been on MFP for a short time yet, but I check it out (and log my stuff) every day and it's already helped me out immensely. I knew I wasn't eating very healthy before, but with the food diary I'm able to see just how bad it is/was which has definitely made me more conscious about not only WHAT I'm putting into my mouth, but HOW MUCH of it as well (portion control was, and still is, my biggest hurdle!)

Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like!