4 weeks in and I've plateaued!

Options
So I'm about 4 weeks in to tracking with MFP and my first 6 pounds flew off, but I haven't moved in over a week now. I did have a weekend away where I splurged a bit, but I came back home without having gained anything :) I'm currently at 1200 Cal's a day and won't go any lower, but how long will it take to move again, or am I stuck? I do workout (bootcamp twice a week) and nightly walking for at least an hour (10 month old, it's all I can squeeze in)

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    @janejellyroll is right. Be patient. Be honest with your logging. Good luck!

5kfc4bjq608q.jpg
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh less now than you did 30-45 days ago? If so, you're not in a plateau. You're just normal.

Your body will retain water weight for a number of reasons. Included, but not limited to: change in carb intake level, high sodium, TOM/ovulation, muscle repair, stress. Water weight is temporary. If you continue to eat at a deficit you will lose weight over time. "Over time" does not mean each time you get on the scale you'll show a lower weight. It means that if you compare your weight NOW to your weight 4-6 weeks ago, you should weigh less now than you did then.
  • bladebiker
    bladebiker Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Try changing up your routine a bit allexesse, I get this problem and usually it kick starts the burn again, works for me anyway
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh less now than you did 30-45 days ago? If so, you're not in a plateau. You're just normal.

Your body will retain water weight for a number of reasons. Included, but not limited to: change in carb intake level, high sodium, TOM/ovulation, muscle repair, stress. Water weight is temporary. If you continue to eat at a deficit you will lose weight over time. "Over time" does not mean each time you get on the scale you'll show a lower weight. It means that if you compare your weight NOW to your weight 4-6 weeks ago, you should weigh less now than you did then.

Great post. I like the 30-45 day timeframe as it is long enough to account for the majority of women's cycles.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,672 Member
    Options
    You're trying to lose 2lbs a week but are under 200lbs right?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Not unusual. Just keep logging and exercising. CICO.
  • nickisa28
    nickisa28 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Wow...the exact same thing happened to me! I lost 3lbs by just changing a few things then started logging on MFP and lost 6lbs easy. Took a few days out as we were away for a family wedding. I didn't go crazy and only put on 2lb which I lost in a day or 2... then BOOM! Nothing :( then about 5 days later, my T.O.M came. It ended yesterday and low and behold I pretty much immediately dropped 2lbs. Could it be this? It's important to remember that every woman's cycle and how it affects your body is different so I could be just before, just after or during that you may plateau.