dumb green tea question

Options
ReinasWrath
ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
So i have heard so many good things about green tea- good for your skin, belly fat, metabolism, ect. Here is my concern though, I usually drink Arizona green tea (it claims on the can it is 100% all natural with honey and ginseng added ) and for a large can the total calories is 210. When I hear other people talk about their tea they say it is 0 calories. So does mine have a larger cal amount because it is a larger amount or is this type of green tea not all that healthy for you?

Replies

• sandral73
    sandral73 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It would be the honey/sugar in the Arizona tea causing the calories. Regular green tea alone has no calories.
  • hannahjoanne2011
    Options
    yeah honey has sugar sugar has calories best to stick with normal green tea x
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    ohh wow good thing I labeled this as a dumb green tea question!!! I didn't even think of the honey D:
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    honey is good for you, but get all natural herbal green tea and REAL honey...you'll have a low calorie, good for you drink.
  • steve4580
    steve4580 Posts: 32
    Options
    I would suggest buying the green tea in tea bag or loose leaf form and brewing it yourself. Not only will this be much healthier, you will save a small fortune over a year's time!
  • hikingmonk
    hikingmonk Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Traditionally in Eastern countries (China, etc). Green tea is drunk without sweeteners. Although I do believe that Western influence is starting to change this. Do your best to drink it without sugar (which most of us don't need) or with a little local honey.

Also, if you brew Green tea from leaves or tea bags, be sure and use cooler water and don't steep it very long (you really need to experiment with each tea to find the right temp/length). Too hot or too long = bitter tea. Took me a long while to figure that out for some reason. Also, try lots of different types of Green tea. Some will be tastier than others.

If you want really good loose leaf tea, I'd recommend www.sevencups.com. But there are many brands at the grocery store that are quiet good for my unrefined palette.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Green tea with honey, that sounds really foul.

Bit like pouring diet coke into a nice Chablis to improve the flavour. :bigsmile: