Fixing my diet enough since i can't exercise?

Options
GuddaB
GuddaB Posts: 30 Member
edited August 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
So I know it's a stupid question but I'm wondering I just started Herbalife and it's going okay so far I'm fixing my diet and hoping that's enough for now since I had a car accident and the end of May and broke 4 parts of my hip and 2 parts of my right arm so I'm not really allowed to do any exercise since whenever I do I end up not being able to walk in the evening because of pain.
Any suggestion guys? Tips or such?

I'm quite lost since I used to do boxing 5 times a week and now I'm not allowed to do anything until a few months up, to a year since my wrist isn't functioning at the moment because of a nerve damage which takes a long time to heal.

;-; sorry for this, just a tough time.

Replies

• vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    You just need a calorie deficit. Honestly, I would ditch the Herbalife. It's a waste of money and teaches you nothing about portion control.

Grab a food scale, weigh your food, and stay in a deficit. I think a food scale is really important in this case because you do not have much room for error due to no activity. So your diet has to be spot on for accurate results.
  • 1shedev
    1shedev Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your accident.
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Herbalife has a huge lawsuit pending on them by the FDA for their "fraudulent and deceptive" products! It's been on the news lately :/
  • tugsandpulls760
    tugsandpulls760 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    you need real food help you heal protein calcium just eat healthy im laid upnow all i can do for exercise is walk
  • bookwormwitch
    bookwormwitch Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree with others here, I would probably get rid of the Herbalife.

As for exercise, since you broke your hip and arm you should be seeing a physical therapist. If not, I would talk to one, because movement and a healthy diet are key to a quicker recovery.
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I did Herbalife for a few months a couple years ago and I lost a good amount of weight but since I didn't learn good eating habits and portion control it all came back quickly with some extra weight just to spite me:/ I'm not saying to quit the Herbalife but to be mindful of needing that time to learn new eating/portion habits because you will start eating all your meals at some point when you come off the shakes and I want it to be a better experience for you than it was for me;) btw, my fat is flabbier now than before...don't know if that has to do with the quick loss then gain:/
  • GuddaB
    GuddaB Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Somehow the shakes have been helping me lose interest in sugary and unhealthy things I've never had issues with portion control it's more like what my food should consist of. Since I'm kinda picky with food but the person for Herbalife is actually teaching me portion control more percise and what I'm supposed to eat and not to eat etc :)
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    If it works for you, thats great and all that counts. As long as you know that the calorie deficit is what is causing you to lose weight and not the shakes.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    No single food is unhealthy or healthy, it's all about context and your overall diet. You can eat anything and the most important things is that you eat 1) things you like and 2) an appropriate amount of calories.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I am so sorry! I hope you heal up quickly! *hugs*

My go-to protein/treat is sugar-free Greek yogurt like Dannon. 80 cals for 12g of protein for all of their flavors. Sugar-free pudding is nice too and I can get a few flavors I can't find in the yogurt aisle.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I lost almost 100 lbs without much exercise. It's all about calorie deficit. FYI you can get a similar shake for half the price, just look up protein shakes.