Binge Eating

Options
Was doing so great staying in my calorie limitations and then my friend took me out to get dinner. The dinner, I ate pretty well and consciously, but they when I got home I just ate everything in site. I ate a box of pocky, candy bars, box of triscuits, the 1/2 block of cheese, and more! I kept thinking I need to stop. Then I just went to bed and woke up late for work, exhausted, and still full. It felt so uncontrollable and I knew as I did it I shouldn't, but I couldn't stop. Today WILL be better. What do you do when this happens? Need support and to find a way to not feel so depressed afterwards.

Replies

• AliciaBerries
    AliciaBerries Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew. I'll do great for weeks then I totally screw up. The only difference this time is I start over fresh the next day (or the next meal if I can convince myself not to throw in the towel on the whole day.) In the past I would've given up completely and gone back to my old ways. I also try to log everything as best I can.
  • harrispaula8364
    harrispaula8364 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Had a binge earlier this week..It feels like you cannot stop once triggered. Would like some advice as well!
  • sunny_girl_tls
    sunny_girl_tls Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I think the biggest thing to remember is tomorrow is a new day. Don't let that one moment deter you from making a good decision in the future. Brush it off and start anew! There are bound to be bad days, it's just a matter of not beating yourself up over it.
  • LAMCDylan
    LAMCDylan Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    You'll always be at risk of doing this. A fit life is not always smooth and problem-free. What I do is act like it never happened and start fresh the next day. This way it doesn't have much of a psychological effect on me. Maybe also think about why you did it. Were you stressed? Bored? Did the fact that it was junky/yummy food tempt you? Maybe don't buy those things and bring them into your home.
  • annobrien700
    annobrien700 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing I binge eat its so hard anyone want to add me many we can help each other
  • shelbyzoe91
    shelbyzoe91 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I think the biggest thing to remember is tomorrow is a new day. Don't let that one moment deter you from making a good decision in the future. Brush it off and start anew! There are bound to be bad days, it's just a matter of not beating yourself up over it.

That's exactly what I ended up doing! Wallowed by posting about it and then got over, ate well, and busted *kitten* with my best cardio day yet.
  • Neanbean13
    Neanbean13 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Do NOT have temptations in the house at easy reach. Sorry but if you're likely to binge get them out. I don't know what your diary looks like but are you restricting yourself daily by only eating 'healthy' food stuffs? Only because I was the same. Took everything out of house, only ate 'clean' but couldn't
    help myself when I went out. Now I buy my treats per week, in portion sizes which obviously you need self control and accountability for. Maybe your deficit is too high?
    To help me when I go out, I eat something before I go out so not starving by time I eat so less likely to pig out, but at the end of the day it is just one day and follow you get back on track next day it's all good.
    If it's a reoccurring thing then I'd have a long look at myself, why I'm doing it or what triggered and what I can do to minimise the risk it happening again.
  • TheLegendaryBrandonHarris
    Options
    Oh I thought this post was asking for advice on how to binge.

You know, the thing about the wagon is that it comes around every morning, so just jump back on. Folks have told you to keep the things you binge on out of the house, and I agree completely.

I'm glad to see you recovered well!