Just want to get back to my old self!

Options
Only started this today after seeing a photo of me and my son and realising how chubby I've gotten!
I knew I'd put a little weight on, and it was getting me down but seeing it in a photo really shocked me. Hopefully this will be the push I needed to get back to my old weight and my old self!

Replies

• slimdownmike
    Options
    Welcome, best of luck getting back to your old weight!

Be aware of trying to go back to your old self, it was your old self that got you here. Instead, create a new you! It'll be exciting!

Mike.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Be aware of trying to go back to your old self, it was your old self that got you here. Instead, create a new you! It'll be exciting!

Mike.
    I like that Mike. :)
  • AEB_WV
    AEB_WV Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Photos do not lie do they ? :sad:
    That is one thing that motivated me to sign up! Good luck here!
  • TriumphantLife
    TriumphantLife Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
  • ShampooIsBetter
    Options
    The only true way to get back to your old self involves some plutonium, a DeLorean and a flux capacitor.
  • wedjul05
    wedjul05 Posts: 472
    Options
    Tell me about it!!!!

I was like this after I had my 2 kids back to back as they are both Oct babies (oct 08 and oct 09). I had gained well over 2 stone, was really fat/ugly for my twin sis's wedding and I was chief bridesmaid!

I have lost 1+half stone and want to lose another half stone at least. I found myself again after picking my way thru biscuits and crap throughtout my maternity leave. I was sick to death of thinking about my weight every day. I had to reach my rock bottom before I could say enough was enough.

You can do it. Stick that picture up somewhere, in fact everywhere to remind you of what you don't want to be! Best of luck
  • toofatforfifty
    toofatforfifty Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been half-heartedly trying to lose weight all year (more talk than action), but when I saw a picture of myself at a community event -- published in the local newspaper, that was the push I needed! I think this will help because it has a lot of the same tools as WW but for free. I have a BowFlex sitting idle in my garage, and walking is free to do, so if I can make myself get back into some better habits, I know I can lose the weight. After all, I've done it before.
    Overall goal: get back into eating healthy and portion control, much less snacking.
    Intermediate goal: feel healthier and look better
    goal: lose 35 pounds, two pounds per week or so
    Lifetime goal: Stop this yo-yo back and forth between overweight and right weight!
  • Jessybum
    Jessybum Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Mike.

That is absolutely brilliant, I really love that :)
  • Jessybum
    Jessybum Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Photo's certainly don't lie, even if the camera does add 10lb...lol.

It's so nice to have this kind of support from perfect strangers, I think it'll definitely be a major help in spurring me on and I hope all of you do as well with your weight loss as I hope to do with mine!

Thanks for all these lovely replies, they've really made me smile!
    :happy: