Looking for friends from the UK!
Alot seems to happen while I'm off and nothing while I'm online! Lol
:)

Replies

• welshgirlhelen
    welshgirlhelen Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I'm in the uk. Feel free to add me- I still haven't worked out how to do that yet!!
    I'm 38 and have 3 daughters - I'm getting married in 13 days so desperately trying to stay on track!!
  • AshleighAnn72
    AshleighAnn72 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thanks :) Congrats on the wedding. Hope you have a lovely day :D
  • welshgirlhelen
    Options
    thanks
  • welshgirlhelen
    Options
    I just typed out a message and all is has posted is thanks!
    I have 8lbs I'd like to lose but am struggling losing and gaining a lb for the last few weeks.
    I walk a lot and love my Fitbit
  • gemmaw987
    gemmaw987 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK too - Just started on MFP again "properly" after quitting slimming world.

Last year I lost a stone on MFP, then put back on after my wedding and honeymoon and generally eating what I liked.

So I started slimming world in April, lost half a stone which I put back on within two weeks of going completely off track.

Im sticking with what I know from now on and back on the MFP journey x
  • dkabambe
    dkabambe Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Also UK based so all feel free to add - haven't set a final target yet. Need to lose 20kg then will think about how much more, if any, I'll aim for.

@welshgirlhelen - congrats and have a wonderful wedding day!
  • Oonagh
    Oonagh Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm based in Manchester and really need to start again. I lost a lot of weight a few years ago and keep trying to restart but eating too much rubbish instead! Anyone near Manchester?

Congratulations and good luck @welshgirlhelen
  • ScotsLass78
    ScotsLass78 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hey...feel free to add me. As my name suggests, I'm Scottish but I live in England (Oxfordshire) now :smiley:

It's great having MPF friends from all over, but sometimes I feel like I'm always behind :wink:

• dizzieblondeuk
    dizzieblondeuk Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Oonagh wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm based in Manchester and really need to start again. I lost a lot of weight a few years ago and keep trying to restart but eating too much rubbish instead! Anyone near Manchester?

Congratulations and good luck @welshgirlhelen
    I'm in Lancashire, and started MFP last year, losing 23lb in 4 months. I kept it off, but didn't lose any more (probably because I stopped logging and weighing!), and I'm just now getting back into the weight loss mindset again. Still got 24lb to lose, but I'm feeling positive once again. I've been a bit lazy with exercise, and it's been a lot harder this time round with motivating myself to go to the gym. Still, one day at a time, and all that!!! ;)
  • misfit165
    misfit165 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm on the south coast of england, feel free to add me. Need to know there's people who can see what I'm up to to hold me accountable :-)
  • welshgirlhelen
    Options
    I use MFP on my phone can anyone tell me how to add people as friends pretty please?! I just seem to get the option of sending a message ....
    I've been away from home overnight and I ate so much yesterday and hardly moved need to get back on it but the Nutella Krispy creme was good!
    Thank you for all the congratulations
  • AshleighAnn72
    AshleighAnn72 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Helen, click name, then click name again when sending a message option has come up.
    Ummm Krispy creme sounds amazing at the mo aha. X
  • dkabambe
    Options
    Nutella Krispy Creme .. sounds yummy. Fortunately we don't have anywhere that stocks near where I am right now otherwise I'd be there in a flash!
  • welshgirlhelen
    Options
    thanks for that Ashleigh
  • welshgirlhelen
    Options
    arghhh why do my replies keep getting cut off!!!
    I typed out yet another question lol-what do you guys have as your activity level on here? I set mine as active as having 3 kids and working in a school I'm always on my feet rushing around and I go out walking a lot and do my bike and boxing nearly every day. I'd read on here about changing it to lightly active or sedentary if weight wasn't coming off. I tried to do that yesterday and was horrified when it took 300 calories off!!!
  • dkabambe
    Options
    Probably depends on how much you log as exercise, as that shouldn't count towards your base activity level otherwise you're double counting it. Also, note that MFP tends to overestimate calorie burn for exercise - much better if you use a dedicated tracker.

I've put my activity level as sedentary, (in actuality probably lightly active most of the time though the weekends I have my daughter I'm *a lot* more active!), and don't tend to log light activities like walking unless I spend more than 20minutes continuous on them. I hope that way I'm underestimating my overall calorie burn and not worry if I go over a little on my food.

I don't think it matters too much what you set if you avoid double counting, though I've seen people in other forums advising to always use sedentary and then log everything, (as the activity levels are fairly arbitrary). Just keep an eye on your weight loss, and if your weight is not changing as you'd expect then examine in more detail then.
  • strawberryswirl01
    strawberryswirl01 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi ^_^
    I'm looking for UK vegan or veggetarian friends. Apart from one person, think I only have one UK friend on here. I'm happy to support those who are transitioning to vegan or vegetarian :).
  • welshgirlhelen
    Options
    I use a Fitbit tracker and that syncs with this app,I hadn't thought of that- I myself log anything else I do maybe I should try to not eat any of my Fitbit calories back. Thanks for replying and the advice
  • dkabambe
    edited August 2016
    Options
    @welshgirlhelen If you're using Fitbit then you are OK. The sync between fitbit and MFP automatically takes into account what you've set as your activity level and only adds the difference in calories. For example, if you're down as Active and MFP therefore assumes you're going to use 500cals a day (made up figure) through normal activity, but Fitbit reports that you've done 700 calories then it will only add 200 calories to MFP. Make sense? Since fitbit is better at calorie counting than MFP you get a decent guess at calories so you can feel free to eat them back.

You should then only log calories for exercise not automatically counted by fitbit. For example, if you go for run with fitbit on don't then add it to MFP as fitbit would have already counted it, but if you go for a swim without then manually log it - most people suggest adding it to fitbit and letting it sync rather than directly adding to MFP as fitbit is better at guessing calorie burn.

p.s. Having 3 kids I'm sure you don't have the option, but if you're prone to the occasional lazy day you may consider turning on the option to allow negative adjustment. In above example if you only used 300 calories in activity one day then it would adjust your allowance by -200 to make up for it!

Hope that all makes sense, but feel free to give me a shout if I've just confused the issue more than necessary!
  • welshgirlhelen
    Options
    You're a star! thank you so much for that response and yep I understand