336lbs... things are going to change

Options
My name is Kenny I am turning 27 this fall. I currently weigh 336 lbs... and am not happy about it. I have been through some rough times emotionally which may have had a part in it... but in the end, its my fault for lack of disclipline. As a freshman in HS i weighed 185, in college ( 6 years later) I weighed 225lbs, then this year (5 years later) I weigh 336.

From my HS to college i only gained 40 lbs or 06.66 lbs per year, then from college til this year avg. yrly wght gain was 18.5lbs. NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!!

Tomorrow (July 7th) begins the new me, and by my bday i WILL look and feel great!

Replies

• chelseawilliamson
    Options
    WISHING THE BEST OF LUCK FOR YOU!!
  • cckeimig
    cckeimig Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Good luck, Kenny! This is the place to be to help support you along your journey!
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Good luck :)
  • valmoaz
    valmoaz Posts: 2
    Options
    Good Luck Kenny! The power is within you to change.
  • Natalie_Bee
    Options
    You picked the right place Kenny! I hope good things for you :)
  • BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    Mind of matter you got this..
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    If you could put it on, you can take it off!

Good luck and remember we're all here to help :smile:
  • CoachMaritova
    CoachMaritova Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Way to go, Kenny, for taking responsibility and taking charge for a new, healthier you!! Best wishes!
  • drogheda1
    drogheda1 Posts: 57
    Options
    I was in the same boat as u mate.i was 330lbs last June...Now i'm 230lbs..You can do it if ure willing to put the hard work in. exercise may seem daunting at first but you watch in a couple of months u will love it and feel great!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Good for you for taking charge of your health! :flowerforyou:
  • Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    welcome and good luck!
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    That's the right way of thinking. Take back control. I was out of control for far to long...started this journal at almost 400lbs...40lbs lighter and I feel great and slowly starting to look better. You can do this!
  • freddyrussell
    freddyrussell Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good luck and welcome to MFP its a brilliant site :D
  • Jconner30
    Jconner30 Posts: 311
    Options
    You are in the right place! I was 285 on Feb 1st of this year. I weighed in at 222 on July 4th. If you exercise and follow the food journal, its just a matter of time. Your in this for the long haul. You didnt get heavy over night so you wont get skinny over night either. Its a good feeling to donate your fat clothes to Good Will then have to donate the new smaller clothes you bought because they are now your new fat clothes.
  • MsOssining
    MsOssining Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Good luck Kenny.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    good luck from another kennie :D
  • yeahfatty
    yeahfatty Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    hi kenny .. best of luck! (: i have faith that you can do it for sure!
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Hi Kenny, welcome to MFP, and good luck on the weight loss. If you log everything, exercise, be honest!! You WILL lose all the weight you want to. Best of luck..:flowerforyou:
  • Christinemary6
    Christinemary6 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    How brave of you to begin this journey. I wish you well and hope you continue to post to let us know how you are doing. This site has on it some extremely wonderful and big hearted folk. I read lots of posts and am always left in awe of the support which is given so freely. Read what they say, take it to heart and believe you can do it.:flowerforyou:
  • rwd5046
    rwd5046 Posts: 302
    Options
    Way to go Kenny and what a good decision cause it starts with the person wanting to lose the weight. You will succeed because you want to and we are here to help with emotional support because aI think we have all been there, I know I have. You will feel better physically and what strides in your future it will make. Need anything just pop a message, good luck.