MBTI anyone?

Options
caslpierce
caslpierce Posts: 32 Member
Anyone here into personality testing? I am an ENTP (The devil's advocate >:))

Replies

• meredithgir199
    meredithgir199 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I'm your complete opposite. Lol.
    ISFJ here :)

Although, I border an E and T...depends on the situation.
  • nfelkel
    nfelkel Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    ENTJ - the commander :0
  • nukephysics
    nukephysics Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    INTP--The Logician.
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    ENFP here. ENFPs are generally considered the best. Just sayin. :)
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I worked for a competitor of theirs. I've taken MBTI but can't remember my initials. My company didn't label people by their score.
    I've also done a lot with DiSC. I have an inspirational pattern with them. Very high I, high D, low S low C.
  • heylance
    heylance Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    INFP (the Humanist)
  • Lipsmahoney
    Lipsmahoney Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    INTJ with a 100% score for introvert
  • bbordner
    bbordner Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I exhibit traits of both ISTP and ISTJ, though the ISTP is prominent. Basically I'm a pain in the butt to be around if I don't know you very well.
  • meredithgir199
    meredithgir199 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Anyone taken the Colors Assessment? That's pretty interesting as well.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I'm a LSHIDMTAMSFO

=============
    Edit
    Technically I am a ENTP-T
    The ENTP personality type is the ultimate devil's advocate, thriving on the process of shredding arguments and beliefs and letting the ribbons drift in the wind for all to see. Unlike their more determined Judging (J) counterparts, ENTPs don't do this because they are trying to achieve some deeper purpose or strategic goal, but for the simple reason that it's fun. No one loves the process of mental sparring more than ENTPs, as it gives them a chance to exercise their effortlessly quick wit, broad accumulated knowledge base, and capacity for connecting disparate ideas to prove their points.

Playing the devil's advocate helps people with the ENTP personality type to not only develop a better sense of others' reasoning, but a better understanding of opposing ideas – since ENTPs are the ones arguing them.

This tactic shouldn't be confused with the sort of mutual understanding Diplomats (NF) seek – ENTPs, like all Analyst (NT) personality types, are on a constant quest for knowledge, and what better way to gain it than to attack and defend an idea, from every angle, from every side?
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    ENFP - The Enthusiast
    Does make me wonder whether other people would answer the same way regarding me. It'd be fun to have someone who knows you really well take the test for you and see how similar the responses are

There's something called the Johari window that you can ask others to describe you and see if it matches up to how you see yourself.

http://kevan.org/johari
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    Is there a link for this? I've done it before but can't remember what I am.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    melmelw03 wrote: »
    Is there a link for this? I've done it before but can't remember what I am.

https://www.16personalities.com
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    INFP-T

The Mediator

Mediator Personality (INFP, -A/-T)

Mediator personalities are true idealists, always looking for the hint of good in even the worst of people and events, searching for ways to make things better. While they may be perceived as calm, reserved, or even shy, Mediators have an inner flame and passion that can truly shine. Comprising just 4% of the population, the risk of feeling misunderstood is unfortunately high for the Mediator personality type – but when they find like-minded people to spend their time with, the harmony they feel will be a fountain of joy and inspiration.

Being a part of the Diplomat Role group, Mediators are guided by their principles, rather than by logic (Analysts), excitement (Explorers), or practicality (Sentinels). When deciding how to move forward, they will look to honor, beauty, morality and virtue – Mediators are led by the purity of their intent, not rewards and punishments. People who share the Mediator personality type are proud of this quality, and rightly so, but not everyone understands the drive behind these feelings, and it can lead to isolation.

Mediators’ ability with language doesn’t stop with their native tongue, either – as with most people who share the Diplomat personality types, they are considered gifted when it comes to learning a second (or third!) language. Their gift for communication also lends itself well to Mediators’ desire for harmony, a recurring theme with Diplomats, and helps them to move forward as they find their calling.

Listen to Many People, but Talk to Few

Unlike their Extraverted cousins though, Mediators will focus their attention on just a few people, a single worthy cause – spread too thinly, they’ll run out of energy, and even become dejected and overwhelmed by all the bad in the world that they can’t fix. This is a sad sight for Mediators’ friends, who will come to depend on their rosy outlook.

If they are not careful, Mediators can lose themselves in their quest for good and neglect the day-to-day upkeep that life demands. Mediators often drift into deep thought, enjoying contemplating the hypothetical and the philosophical more than any other personality type. Left unchecked, Mediators may start to lose touch, withdrawing into “hermit mode”, and it can take a great deal of energy from their friends or partner to bring them back to the real world.

Luckily, like the flowers in spring, Mediator’s affection, creativity, altruism and idealism will always come back, rewarding them and those they love perhaps not with logic and utility, but with a world view that inspires compassion, kindness and beauty wherever they go.

Phew! That's a lot of text! Sorry! :flushed:
  • kate141987
    kate141987 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I got EFNJ the protagonist and after reading through the results it is pretty accurate, interesting read
  • JessicaJS23
    JessicaJS23 Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I got the mediator too. That is scarily accurate :#
  • jnord8729
    jnord8729 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    ISTP - The Virtuoso, but my teachers called it smart but lazy and ADD.....
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    ^^ Maybe it's too much coffee - and I nearly spat it out - because I read that, at first glance?
    I got the murderer too.

:)